Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever used this wax...is it worth it...is it really as good as its price??/

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
It's got a reputation for sure.

I haven't used it, but my guess is:
If you participate in the Pebble Beach Concours, and you need a show shine for a vintage or show car. Yeah, it's probably worth it.

If it's for your daily driver... most of those high end waxes aren't worth it, since they just get beat off so fast. You want a "good" wax like Meguiar's Gold Class but you don't really need anything extreme on a daily driver.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well put sir :thumbsup:. also do u know if i can layer the meguiars proffesional #26 yellow wax and can i top it off with a polymer/sealant wax, and is the gold class a synthetic/poylmer type of wax?? i have been doing this but was not sure if i was just wasting my time doing it :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i'd go the other way around

put the polymer on the bottom for durability and protection, and something really oily (sorry about that ) for the just waxed furniture look.
lots of folks do that to get a wetter look if they want more than a polymer can do . . .it does work

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
I'm with Homer2.

Polymer on the bottom due to it's longer durability; if you are using Meguiar's, that would #20.
Wax on top since it's got the oils for a nice wet look.

I'm not sure what Gold Class is. Most people tell me that it's a polymer. I have trouble believing them.
The bottle doesn't mention anything about being a polymer, and in general it has the properties of a traditional wax. It's sticky, applied by foam, available in a paste... everything about it says "carnauba".

PS - 3M Perfect-It Gloss Enhancer gives a better quick shine than Meguiar's Quik Detailer if you want to do that 10 second cleaning.

·
Registered
207 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
anyone ever used this wax...is it worth it...is it really as good as its price??/
Try P21s/s100 carnauba wax. It has a very similar look to Souveran paste at 1/4 the cost, it also lasts longer. As stated by Frosty, Souveran is good for really expensive show cars that don't see inclement weather. P21s costs 25$ and s100 costs 15$ and they are the same product.

Forget the Gold Class, it does not last long and it will stain the shit out of your trim. P21s/s100 wipes on and off like butter, lasts good for a carnauba, does not stain trim, and looks great. I have tried both, and p21s blows M gold class out of the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts