Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the recomended piston and rod set for the cybernation set up besides the ones offer by them has anyone run other pistons and rods with success? if so what setup are u running how muc and where did u get them also i want a setup where there is no boring or machining thank u peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
why wouldn't you just use their setup? they got the pistons and rods custom for the block and they are good stuff. It's been proven to handle the power they've been spittin out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
beanie said:
what are the recomended piston and rod set for the cybernation set up besides the ones offer by them has anyone run other pistons and rods with success? if so what setup are u running how muc and where did u get them also i want a setup where there is no boring or machining thank u peace
Yes, we do have rods and pistons. All have produced power in the 400 and 500whp range. PM if you need more information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
beanie said:
what are the recomended piston and rod set for the cybernation set up besides the ones offer by them has anyone run other pistons and rods with success? if so what setup are u running how muc and where did u get them also i want a setup where there is no boring or machining thank u peace

i am also very intrested to know if other pistons and rods work better than cybernations. However it would make sense if theirs would be more efficient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
rsxman4ever said:
i am also very intrested to know if other pistons and rods work better than cybernations. However it would make sense if theirs would be more efficient.
There are plenty of reliable forged piston manufacturers..Wiseco, JE, SRP..these will all work..just make sure you choose the proper compression ratio and sized piston..For rods, Eagle, Crower, etc.. I would be sure a reputable machine shop builds your engine so that you get a high quality engine build (proper tolerances, etc..)..
 

·
Bitch where's my Money!
Joined
·
844 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
Yes, we do have rods and pistons. All have produced power in the 400 and 500whp range. PM if you need more information.
off topic but i just got my turbo...how can i make sure that this is a 60-1 Hifi? im ganna call turbonetics and messure the wheel to make sure. the turbo i have is quite a bit smaller then i had expected
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
k20a2_power said:
off topic but i just got my turbo...how can i make sure that this is a 60-1 Hifi? im ganna call turbonetics and messure the wheel to make sure. the turbo i have is quite a bit smaller then i had expected
It is hard to tell just by looking at the Turbo. There is usually a tag when we receive them but not always. It is so hard to tell that we constantly have to check to make sure that we got the right one. Who did you get the turbo from? Did you order it direct from Turbonetics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
rsxman4ever said:
i am also very intrested to know if other pistons and rods work better than cybernations. However it would make sense if theirs would be more efficient.
There are other manufacture who carry pistons and rods but we have not tested them as thoroughly as our own design. We have run our pistons and rods up past 500whp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
There are other manufacture who carry pistons and rods but we have not tested them as thoroughly as our own design. We have run our pistons and rods up past 500whp.

I would be comfortable to say that Wiseco, JE, SRP, Eagle, and Crower will all be fine..Above 450whp I would say go with a Crower rod over the Eagle of these choices.. I've been building turbo Honda/Acura vehicles for many years now, and these have all shown to be high quality reliable parts..

Boost Junkie, who manufactures your pistons/rods for the Cybernation name??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,729 Posts
04rsxshondata - your kidding right?

-eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
04rsxshondata said:
You should get type R pistons or toda pistons. High compression is good for turbo.
you want lower compression pistons when you turbo a car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
04rsxshondata said:
You should get type R pistons or toda pistons. High compression is good for turbo.

:eek: I would not recommend HC pistons for turbo application.
 

·
///M
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
04rsxshondata said:
You should get type R pistons or toda pistons. High compression is good for turbo.

hahah you dumbass stop pretending like you know what ur talking about...
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top