Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been searching like crazy online and on clubrsx, but with little or no success.

My goal is to run approximately 20 pounds of boost. I am already running at 12 pounds, but i want to upgrade my pistons first. After carefully reading, I have decided not to change the bore size, so I am seeking a good piston and rod configuration that will have 86 mm bore and a compression ratio between 9.0:1 and 9.5:1. So far i am struggling to find anything that is concrete enough to help me with my decision.

·
I Hate Honda's
1,118 Posts
I cannot take any credit for this as the previous owner built the motor, but my new RSX I grabbed 3 weeks ago came with CP Pistons 9.5:1 86.5mm and Manley Turbo Tuff Rods. Car seems great so far with only 3k on the motor rebuild. Car loves boost, and I haven't experienced any issues yet. Long term I was told in combination with the rest of the build it was good for the 600whp range...granted I'd never want that much with a FWD.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
First you would want to take the block to a machine shop and have them tell you the stock bore is ok. Most the time you will need to bore over .5

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bore is 86 mm, i dont want to interfere with that. I just want a piston and rod setup configuration that will give me a compression ratio of about 9.5.1 with a bore of 86 mm.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
The bore is 86 mm, i dont want to interfere with that. I just want a piston and rod setup configuration that will give me a compression ratio of about 9.5.1 with a bore of 86 mm.
I understand that, but if you have excessive wear or gouging you will have to bore it over. That's why it's always best to start at the machine shop to make sure you will not have to bore it over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank Remyrounds, i researched what you said and you are on point. I will most definitely add that .5 mm bore. thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts