Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eat Liberals
16,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back mike from elite engine tuning recomended that i wire my uego gauge into the eld on the k-pro. i was considering it, but when i read that the uego wasnt recomended for that, i quit the idea cuz i didnt have the cash to get the plx since it was recomended on hondata's website. well i might have a few extra bucks coming soon and was thinking about getting their multigauge combo with the afr sensor module. i want to wire it into the k-pro so i can get more accurate readings. i need to know how to properly do this so i dont screw it up, and i want to know what you guys think about the idea.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
I would think you should be able to solder it to whatever wire/pin on the ecu to get the a/f numbers. Again idk for sure but you should be ale to do it that way. One thing you could do (as was suggested to me) is that if you have a secondary o2 sensor you could plug that one with an additional uego/wideband. It should give you roughly the same readings as the first or have someone put in another hole for you closer to the primary o2

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Yea. My original idea was to replace the primary with an aem one. Kpro however requires the first so you could use the secondary *if you have a stock cat or rh with an 2nd o2 sensor* to run you're sensor and gauge.

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
I used the plx on my son's S300. We just used the secondary bung. There are directions on either the HOndata site or the plx site on how to double wire the secondary o2 so that it serves both the plx and provides for the secondary o2 function also. We had to on my son's prelude to get a proper wide band for the s300. Not sure why you feel the need for more accurate afr, as what we have now is pretty accurate, unless you want a gauge.

Also, while you can use the eld lead, when you do this, you lose the eld function, (electric load detection). What happens without eld is things like your headlights dimming when you turn on the heater fan, as the systems can't tell that more electricity is needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts