Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
let's see the fineprint of the warantee. what shop can i take it to that must install the bulb in order to qualify for the warantee. easy to just blame it on installer error.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Aftermarket bulbs are a waste of money. You'll be changing out bulbs and having new ones sent to you every couple of weeks. I went through 3-4 sets, including the almighty Sylvania Silverstars, and finally got fed-up and just bought a nice set of 6k XD HID's. Go that route, you'll be a lot happier.

·
28,750 Posts
HID's/HID retrofit will be cheaper in the long run, you don't have to worry about pissing off oncoming traffic, you don't have to worry about thinking when the bulbs will blow, and you don't have to change the bulbs more than you change your shirt.

·
Running from the Blerch
16,486 Posts
either go HIDs or go with PIAAs
i have had PIAAs in my car for almost a year with no problems
if you just want bulbs you need to go with the best which is PIAA .. all the cheaper brands blow out frequently, i heard the silverstars blow in like 2 months

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
i dont get whats with the "look". My friend (who thinks he knows about cars) said I wasted all that money cause i could've just spent $20 for the look. The stock bulbs are much safer and brighter than any "wannabe HID" bulbs, who cares if its "white" or "blue" everyone can tell they're fake anyways, especially how you can hardly see shit at night

·
Registered
126 Posts
i dont have enough money to purchase hids yet but i have had after market bulbs since i got my car for over a year now. I have never had to change out the bulbs not even once. They are Raybrig h1 whitesonics 55w draw 90w light out put at 5000k
they are really nice for bulbs. i sometimes get mistaken for having hids. cheeck em out here http://www.coolbulbs.com/raybrig.asp

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
get mistaken by who for having HIDs? i dont get it "They are Raybrig h1 whitesonics 55w draw 90w light out put at 5000k" so either they're 55w or they're not :dontknow: :confused:

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Here are some pics from my Polrag 5000K
Unfortunately the bulb only last 3 months for me :(
I just have to buy another set of bulb another brand and its 4300K and its brighter :D and also cheaper. However hopefully by the end of this year I will buy the HIDs :) :spin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
kabe said:
i dont get whats with the "look". My friend (who thinks he knows about cars) said I wasted all that money cause i could've just spent $20 for the look. The stock bulbs are much safer and brighter than any "wannabe HID" bulbs, who cares if its "white" or "blue" everyone can tell they're fake anyways, especially how you can hardly see shit at night
I have some PIAA bulbs that I changed my mind on

·
Registered
126 Posts
kabe said:
get mistaken by who for having HIDs? i dont get it "They are Raybrig h1 whitesonics 55w draw 90w light out put at 5000k" so either they're 55w or they're not :dontknow: :confused:
they draw only 55w which is stock wattage but they have a light output the same as a halogen bulb that draws 90w. im saying they are anything to be compared with real hids, but for the money they are awsome bulbs that are bright and havent had to change for a year. im saving money for hids.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts