Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading upon Novus plastic scratch polisher and it says it can removes scratches. I was wondering if this will work on out headlights and if it would get rid of rock pebbles on the headlight. One last thing, our headlight is made out of plastic rite?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Well - i can type out the back of the bottle from Novus # 2 plastic Polish

removes fine scratches, haziness and abrasions from most plastic surfaces. restores faded and discolored plastics.

suggested uses

plastic windows and windshields - autos - boats - planes - motorcycles - acrylic paint - fiberglass - tubs etc . . .

there is also a number 3 heavy scratch remover.

so, to answer your question - I have customers using the zaino plastic scratch remover on things like headlight covers, dash gauge plastic etc . . .

and i believe the novus is a similar use product -

and i do think your headlight covers are some sort of plastic, lexan etc . . .

does that help ?

me - i would use it if i had it - but since i have the zaino also, i havent used the Novus yet . . . (but do have it)

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Yeah, the RSX headlight covers are plastic, but I think the foglights have a glass surface.
If you have a small scratch from a stone, most of the polishes will work fine (I'm guessing most rock chips will call for Novus #3).
If you've got a big crack or a chip that is just shy of being a hole through the covering, then none of the polishes will work.

Stongard makes a covering called Stongard Light specifically for lights if rocks and pebbles are a major problem in your area.

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
I used Plastex, which is a clear spray that hardens into a clear acrylic polymer. It's made for clear plastic and glass. I first used the stuff to smooth out the scratches on my paintball goggles, and they work great. Then tried it on my headlights and work great too. Spray, wipe it flat, let dry. Repeat if necessary. Maybe I should pre-coat my fogs so they're protected? :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts