Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey! Okay here we go. I will be buying these products soon but just want to make sure I am buying the correct and best pieces that I can buy.

Washing: I have been using the Turtle Wax car wash soap for quite some time now. Is this a decent choice or should I be purchasing something better? For example, the Zaino Z-7™ Show Car Wash.(Zaino Brothers)

Polishing/Waxing: First, I will be purchasing a few Zaino products including Z-1™ Show Car Polish Lok, Z-2™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes, Z-5™ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches, Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray, and possibly the ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive.(Zaino Brothers) Are these good choices to start off with? Also, I saw the Viking Edgeless Polishing cloth(Autopia) in another thread and it seems to be a nice choice. Will this work well with Zaino? If not, what is a good applicator? I also found MF applicators(PakShack) and foam applicators. (Which I already have)

Interior: I am considering the Zaino Z-14™ Plastic Magic Cleaner & Polish(Zaino Brothers) for my interior. (Dashboard/Other Plastics) Is this a good choice? I know now to stay far away from Armor All which I have been using for a long time. What is a good applicator for this? I was thinking about Pakshack Microfiber towels(Pakshack) for this application.

Drying: I have heard a lot about the California Water Blade(Premium Care Care Products) and all I hear are good things. Then, I was considering either a 25'' x 36'' Waffle Weave Micro Fiber Towel(PakShak) or the Big Blue(Proper Auto Care) to clean up the excess water.

What do you think? Feel free to comment on and critique my choices.

Thanks,
Carl

Edit: Added Z-2, enhancer spray, and Accelerator.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jstn said:
does your finish have swirls that you want to reduce?
Yes, I was thinking about a swirl remover or compound as well.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
jstn said:
are you going to be working by hand?
Of course. I am hoping to get a response from EternalBlue, mistaclean, or Frosty. It would be nice to know that the professionals would use the same products I would like to purchase.

Also, I read your post in my other thread regarding the polishing towel and I am planning on getting most of my products from pakshack. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Spent198 said:
Polishing/Waxing: First, I will be purchasing a few Zaino products including Z-1™ Show Car Polish Lok, Z-3™ Show Car Polish for Regular Paint, and the Z-5™ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
make sure you get Z-2 and not Z-3 if you have an rsx you have a clear coat finish.

you might also want to check out zaino's ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive it's a little spendy but you won't need Z-1 and when your just looking to get a couple of quick coats on it's a life saver

also Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray really brings out the shine. your supposed to spray it on inbetween each layer of Z-2 and between washes.

good luck i'm a big fan of the zaino products

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vandeetz said:
make sure you get Z-2 and not Z-3 if you have an rsx you have a clear coat finish.

you might also want to check out zaino's ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive it's a little spendy but you won't need Z-1 and when your just looking to get a couple of quick coats on it's a life saver

also Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray really brings out the shine. your supposed to spray it on inbetween each layer of Z-2 and between washes.

good luck i'm a big fan of the zaino products
Thanks a ton, I will be sure to get the Z-2 and the Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. Is this something you mix with the polish itself or is it applied after?

Also, I will deffinately be sure to get the Gloss Enhancer Spray!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Spent198 said:
Thanks a ton, I will be sure to get the Z-2 and the Flash Cure Accelerator Additive. Is this something you mix with the polish itself or is it applied after?
no problem.
you get a bunch of little 2 ounce mixing bottles with the ZFX and a little blue dropper of liquid. you add 4-5 drops for every ounce of polish. and a lil polish goes a long way with zaino. also once you put the zfx in with polish it has a shelf life of about 12 hours and if you don't clean it out within 24 hours they say you should throw away the applicator bottle.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vandeetz said:
no problem.
you get a bunch of little 2 ounce mixing bottles with the ZFX and a little blue dropper of liquid. you add 4-5 drops for every ounce of polish. and a lil polish goes a long way with zaino. also once you put the zfx in with polish it has a shelf life of about 12 hours and if you don't clean it out within 24 hours they say you should throw away the applicator bottle.
Sounds like a complicated process with a lot of measuring. But I am sure its very worth it. How much does this cut down on the curing time?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
definetly get zfx if going with zaino, it cuts cure time down to almost nothing compared to using z1.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jstn said:
hint, pm whoever you want to look at the thread;)
I had the same idea and just did. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
Polishing/Washing: For all the Zaino stuff you are looking at, consider buying the ZKIT (includes Z2, Z5, Z7, Z6, Z18, applicators). That gets you the wash and claybar too. Also use a cotton or microfiber applicator, not foam. And microfiber clothes to buff it off.

Interior: I really just didn't hop on the Zaino wagon here, and I prefer 303 Protectant and Vinylex for the plastic; Lexol for the leather. And regular low lint, well made terry clothes are all you need here. MF towels seem a little indulging.

Drying: I liked the water blade, but there is a chance of scratching if there is dirt left on your car, so I switched to the Big Blue (most waffle weave towels are the same sorta thing). It'll soak up everything.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Frosty said:
Polishing/Washing: For all the Zaino stuff you are looking at, consider buying the ZKIT (includes Z2, Z5, Z7, Z6, Z18, applicators). That gets you the wash and claybar too. Also use a cotton or microfiber applicator, not foam. And microfiber clothes to buff it off.

Interior: I really just didn't hop on the Zaino wagon here, and I prefer 303 Protectant and Vinylex for the plastic; Lexol for the leather. And regular low lint, well made terry clothes are all you need here. MF towels seem a little indulging.

Drying: I liked the water blade, but there is a chance of scratching if there is dirt left on your car, so I switched to the Big Blue (most waffle weave towels are the same sorta thing). It'll soak up everything.
Awsome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton Frosty! :wavey:
Can I ask where to find the Big Blue for a good price?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Spent198 said:
Awsome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton Frosty! :wavey:
Can I ask where to find the Big Blue for a good price?
pakshak has big blue. i reccomend getting two in case you drop one in the middle of drying.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jstn said:
pakshak has big blue. i reccomend getting two in case you drop one in the middle of drying.
I just ordered two from Proper Auto Care. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts