Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Casual Scum
2,108 Posts
I didn't know Megan made a RH for the base... I might pick one of these up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
that's not a race header. it's just the megan shorty. i ordered the obx race header a couple weeks ago and now i'm just waiting for the correct adapter piece so i can install it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
looks like a good header tho

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
well the header in the pic is a b or d series header they need to have a pic of the header that goes on the car. Just buy a type-s race header and catback, This has been covered many of times and is the best solution for a base looking for the most power out of a basic bolt on exhaust.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

·
qwerty
4,600 Posts
you don't you get one that fits a type S header and get an exhaust as well
using the base exhaust with a rh of any sort sucks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my plan is the whole exhaust system not just the RH. I was browsing around and saw this so i was just wondering.

·
Registered
336 Posts
would a type S hks hi power exhaust fit on the base model headers?.... Cause I just picked one up and I want to throw it on to see how it sounds and next week I'm getting the megan headers with a test pipe that's also made for the type s

I'm a bit impatient so I just want to know if it will fit

·
Manny Pacquiao FTW!
11,841 Posts
would a type S hks hi power exhaust fit on the base model headers?.... Cause I just picked one up and I want to throw it on to see how it sounds and next week I'm getting the megan headers with a test pipe that's also made for the type s

I'm a bit impatient so I just want to know if it will fit
you need an adapter

·
ALL TALK!
3,298 Posts
Would this work?

Type S stock headers + Type S aftermarket exhaust?

Also to the guy that said "no" to base exhaust and base rh, is there a difference between the same exhaust for diff application? ie. base & type s

·
Manny Pacquiao FTW!
11,841 Posts
Would this work?

Type S stock headers + Type S aftermarket exhaust?

Also to the guy that said "no" to base exhaust and base rh, is there a difference between the same exhaust for diff application? ie. base & type s
for your second question, the difference is one is longer but i cant remember which one

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just keep it simple. Base Header goes with a base exhaust, much like a type S exhaust and type s header will fit the base without any problem. Just don't mix and match the two, since you have to get an adapter made.

·
ALL TALK!
3,298 Posts
Yeah I wasnt planning on mismatching. I meant to say would putting a stock type s header allow me to use a type s aftermarket exhaust?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts