Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Aaayyyy!!!"
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Maybe someone can help me out. I have a leak and I'm not sure what it is. Is it Oil or Tranny fluid? I'm pretty sure it's tranny fluid. And pretty sure it's an axel seal but I would like to get another opinion. And if it is the axel seal can someone tell me the part and/or part number that I need.

Attachments

·
Hi there
696 Posts
Automatic or Stick?

If its a Manual then its most likely engine oil because manual trans fluid doesnt usually get that dark. unless you have negleted it for over 100+k.

Its very hard to get a good look at where it is coming from with those pictures. Axle seals are pretty obvious cause there will be oil all around where the seal is and no where else. The best tip when diagnosing leaks is start from the top and go down. its very hard to diag a leak from under the car if your not sure where it starts.

·
"Aaayyyy!!!"
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Automatic or Stick?

If its a Manual then its most likely engine oil because manual trans fluid doesnt usually get that dark. unless you have negleted it for over 100+k.

Its very hard to get a good look at where it is coming from with those pictures. Axle seals are pretty obvious cause there will be oil all around where the seal is and no where else. The best tip when diagnosing leaks is start from the top and go down. its very hard to diag a leak from under the car if your not sure where it starts.
It's an Automatic. I can't seem to find a picture in the Helms manual to get a better view.

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
Have you checked your oil/tranny fluid levels?

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Clean the area. Take it for a drive around the block and see if u can see more fluid leaking. It'll be easier to trace on a clean surface.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts