Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi..i wanted to change my light bulbs to make them look hyper white with a blue tint so i bought alot of different kinds and for some reason, they keep burning out after around 2 months....the wattage is the same which is 55 watts..i ask my acura dealer and all they say is its because its after market...but i know couple of my friends that also have after market bulbs in there civics and supra without hids and they lasted around 2 years..
does anyone know what i should do... i mean i need light bulbs but i dont want them to burn out on me nor do i want oem.. please can someone give me some advice on which light bulb i should use or something.. thanks alot..

·
Registered
951 Posts
are u being careful with install? as in.. not touching the actual glass area of the bulb with your fingers? or are you buying them
cheap 'gypsy kwan do' bulbs that are available at a rice shop near you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i tried buying mtec and i tried using polarg but both have failed on me... im pretty sure im not touching the bulb..how do you put them in the housing?... cause i always have a hard time putting them in because its so tight...could it be that because its so tight space that i accidntly hit the bulb on the housing before entering it and locking it in place?

·
Registered
442 Posts
i had mtec, silverstar ,and some other brands that i dont even remember and all burned out less than 2 weeks. i'd say it's pretty good that it lasted for good 2 months. I put my OEM back and saving up some money for HID hehe

·
Registered
743 Posts
Another thing is I don't know how much it matters but they sell bulb grease to put on the electrical connectors before installing the bulb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i try the blue vision...thanks to all for helping out with my problem..guess im not the only one... but does anyone know why my rsx is doing that or everybodys rsx is doing that..some people say its the h1 bulbs and its the same story with the preludes because they use h1's too..my friends cars mostly use h4's and they last really long ..about 2 years.. well ill try phillips blue vision... about piaa... does anyone have this in there ride... and has it burned out quick or not.. thanks again..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts