Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!! Like always i have a problem and im probably overreacting but it might be serious.... First off im on ground controls and stock shocks for about 25K miles.... and also my left cv boot is a bit torn and i have not got my es mm's in...
Okay here goes: Just raced this one guy ive been wanting to race for a long time but never catch em... so im on my way home and finally catch a run with him... First gear my car just starts hopping mildy but is still pulling, half ass traction into 2nd and hopping a bit more til 3rd...I dont do too bad v/s an EG w/b18c and bolt ons... This really pissed me off b/c i dont know whats going on and im not sure whether or not i should take it to the strip to run half ass... I really dont know whats the problem but i hope some of u may know whats wrong....

This hopping is persistant when i punch it off a roll in 1st, sometimes its mild hopping and sometimes its so bad i havce to back off for the sake of the motor... Now i know my shocks are pretty GONE so could that be the reason that im hopping and losing traction all day off a roll and off a dead stop.... Could it be i just need the mounts.... or could it be a combo of both... Please help me b/c the racing season is almost ready and i want to know if there is even a point of me heading out w/ my blown shocks.... if thats what it is... oh my tires are also kind of gone but i can still catch on em most times.... HELP! THX

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
K20AllMotor said:
Hi all!!! Like always i have a problem and im probably overreacting but it might be serious.... First off im on ground controls and stock shocks for about 25K miles.... and also my left cv boot is a bit torn and i have not got my es mm's in...
Okay here goes: Just raced this one guy ive been wanting to race for a long time but never catch em... so im on my way home and finally catch a run with him... First gear my car just starts hopping mildy but is still pulling, half ass traction into 2nd and hopping a bit more til 3rd...I dont do too bad v/s an EG w/b18c and bolt ons... This really pissed me off b/c i dont know whats going on and im not sure whether or not i should take it to the strip to run half ass... I really dont know whats the problem but i hope some of u may know whats wrong....

This hopping is persistant when i punch it off a roll in 1st, sometimes its mild hopping and sometimes its so bad i havce to back off for the sake of the motor... Now i know my shocks are pretty GONE so could that be the reason that im hopping and losing traction all day off a roll and off a dead stop.... Could it be i just need the mounts.... or could it be a combo of both... Please help me b/c the racing season is almost ready and i want to know if there is even a point of me heading out w/ my blown shocks.... if thats what it is... oh my tires are also kind of gone but i can still catch on em most times.... HELP! THX
Im in the same boat as you are. Im getting Tein SS coils. Also, check your motor mounts and see if any are shattered. I dont know what your budget, but you have choices as of right now to go with Koni inserts and shocks in the rear, mugen ss,hayame tein basic, ss, flex,jic, and Tanabe coils. It all depends on what you want. Hope that helps

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Get motor mount inserts and your problem will be 9/10ths gone. Get shocks and it will be 10/10th gone.

I went from wheel hop like a motha...to buttery smooth smokey burnouts with a 2hr install. Now you be the judge.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
mastap is right, mm will help and so will the shocks. If you are getting the Tein SS HardcoreRsxS I would get the EFDC unit so that you can adjust the rear shocks from hard to soft when you want more traction.

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mastap said:
Get motor mount inserts and your problem will be 9/10ths gone. Get shocks and it will be 10/10th gone.

I went from wheel hop like a motha...to buttery smooth smokey burnouts with a 2hr install. Now you be the judge.
yeah, no money or time to put in the mounts they are in my trunk , and no money to buy tein ss's, which are my first and only choice so far.... BTW, raced him again tonight and was not as agressive from the start... nothing doing got RAPED even worse..haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts