Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are millions of threads like this, but I want advice. Here are the products I use, and I would like you to help me replace them:

What I use:

Exterior:

Eagle one Wet car wash
Cotton mitt (I wash it everytime I use it)
Eagle one Wipe & shine (with cotton towels or t-shirt)
Crappy glass cleaner (with cotton t-shirt)
Absorber

Interior:

Eagle one leather cleaner
Crappy glass cleaner (on dash and stuff)

Also I suck at waxing. I use Meguiar's gold class wax, but for weeks after I'll see little wax deposits all over my car (when washing it). I'll probably pay Acura $100 for their complete detail about twice a year from now on.

Please give me some advice if you think I need new products. I know there are genius's on this board. I'm getting my front lip painted then my car cut and buffed. After that I want it to stay new looking (it looks pretty good right now).

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
Don't waste your money on the dealer detail. It is not worth it.
here's what you need at the BARE minimum:
-qaulity wash mitt
-quality wash and wax (meguiars, zaino, etc)
-microfiber towels

interior:
pick your favorite dash cleaner
LEXOL is a must.

If you have the money, Porter Cable 7424 for the polish and wax. Any retard can use it without messing up the paint.

I could go on and on and on, but there is already tons of info. Search and compare what everyone else has talked about and decide what fits for you

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are Eagle one products that good? i.e. Wet car wash and wipe and shine? Thanks for the tips dude:thumbsup:

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
I don't have much experience witht he eagle one, but some guys on the board swear by it. I use mostly meguairs. I've heard that the wet look wax as you dry is great for in between a real waxing job from some guys who have used it.

If you really want to get into a great job, you need to get claybar, polishes, and quality products. like I said before, use the search button. Some existing posts have some extensive instructions on how to do the best job and what products work.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks! There are some helpful threads here, and I found some good info in them.

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class shampoo and it really helps preserve the wax AND it removes all that dirt and junk.

·
Registered
275 Posts
meguiars is very good but for people with a tight budget it is kinda pricy, so i go with the eagle one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts