Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so went into my kpro and calibrated my tps and turned my vtec oil pressure switch on cause i read it was supose to be on .and once i lef my car was pulling and driving normal then once i got on the highway i tried to have a little fun and 4th gear popped out and it over revved slighty like 8300 then i put it back in gear and tried to get on it and it was dead no power at all intake was stupid loud exhaust was instantly noticably quite . im freaking out ive tried everything possible everything with kpro has been tryed new plugs compression test was 175 -180 across the board . only thing thats forhsure we found from kpro is that my cal is still telling the car the same thing but now it is substantually richer ?? timing tensioner slip ? idk just please someone gimme some ieas or help . thanks for reading !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have some datalogs from when it ran good and now bad like i hae a vtec window setup i in kpro and it still hit the lower boundary at 4200 but the intake make this redicoulusly loud noise and wont engage the upper boundary and anything past 2nd gear you try to engage vtec and it just studders and wont go and my car is running rediculosy rich . my car ran strong before and now its just got nothing

·
Its a honda thing
485 Posts
Yeah sounds like the car is running in limp mode, have you tried uploading a differernt tune, one that came with Kpro which is similar to your mods? re-uploading your own tune?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes ive tryed everything putting the car bacto stock cal my cal back in ive tried everything and yes i have a cel for the evap canister leak it beeen on for 2 months ive just been clearing it . why would it go into limp mode ? it just angering me not eing able to drive my car to its potential :( but the car will rev out all the way to 8 grand or where ever aslong as its very light throtle and i can take it past the 4200 vtec point it just sounds god awful

·
Pancakes
5,344 Posts
Maybe look into the evap leak. You may have jumped a tooth on your timing chain, looks like you will have to take a look at it.

It also will probably help to just keep revving it to redline even though there is something wrong.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had the same problem when my car was stock. The car was throwing the vtec solenoid code and I got the entire vtec solenoid replaced. When your CEL is on the car will be in a limp mode which sounds exactly like the problem your having. It's almost like dragging and once u hit about 3-4 rpm it falls on it's face.. It might be a wire with a bad connection or of course the ecu. Check all the wires and check your oil pressure!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i took my soilnoid off and replaced gasket and cleaned it and my car isnt throwing a solnoid code and on kpro the vtc solnoid is working it will still hit the lower boundary of vtec but it just sounds like shit and super loud and no way reving to redline would bust a eardrum the intakes so loud literraly . if it were in limp mode it wouldnt rev pask 4 k but i am gonna check all my grounds . but the whole car sound completely different like exhaust is really quite i have the graddy ti-c paired with a raceheader it was dumbloud so it was an instance noticable change . im going to post a video of the noise i think its timing

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i removed valve cover . checked cam lod\bes adjusted all the valves and turned the motor over watched the valves set the timing marks close but never checked the crank

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
try clearing the code again and see if it helps , if it does its because its in limp mode. You need to get your vacuum leak problem fixed so this doesn't keep reoccurring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.