Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question, does anyone know what car a jdm pnc stamped k20a came out of? Second, it had the black intake mani and the steel oil pan so I'm thinking its similar to the a3, third.. if I had an a3 and put the z1 intake mani, oil pan and fuel related parts on the a3 would I gain some of that lost power. Or could I just swap the whole head ? My mechanic was supposed to get me another z1 but he said this would be just as good :fuu: ... I need advice maybe some power ratings, is it an a3? Maybe the jdm a2? Or something

Thanks for lookin

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
wow your mechanic is a dumb ass then lol he got you a base engine.......

you'll have less inferior pistons/rods/and crank but swapping your whole head is your best bet in not loosing power.... or actually kicking your mechanic in the dick and tell him to order you the better engine

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a base model motor from Japan and it isn't as good as an A2 or Z1 even if you swap out a few of the parts.
So it is like the a3 then? Hmmm thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

you'll have less inferior pistons/rods/and crank but swapping your whole head is your best bet in not loosing power.... or actually kicking your mechanic in the dick and tell him to order you the better engine
That's what I get for trying to get a type s fixed in a shop in minot nd :run:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If he swaps the sensors and stuff will it run with the z1 ecu

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The compression will be different, you may actually need kpro for that. I would just try to get a different motor, either a z1 or a k24 block and go from there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The compression will be different, you may actually need kpro for that. I would just try to get a different motor, either a z1 or a k24 block and go from there.
your right ill have to do that

·
Registered
312 Posts

haha :rotfl:. But your mechanic is def and idiot. I would be super pissed

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Iguess my mechanic swapped the head and all the sensors and started it up, but the cel was on.. he took it to get scanned and it was the knock sensor sooo now Igotta wait on that, but the outlook is not great, but at least itll work. Hopefully Iwont lose any power... Istill have my block that had a knock on it and another z1 head, so Imight rebuild the knock one and boost it.. or maybe sell it, well if anyone is looking for a head or block, or maybe some jdm pnc k20a parts hit me up

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well Iguess my mechanic swapped the head and all the sensors and started it up, but the cel was on.. he took it to get scanned and it was the knock sensor sooo now Igotta wait on that, but the outlook is not great, but at least itll work. Hopefully Iwont lose any power... Istill have my block that had a knock on it and another z1 head, so Imight rebuild the knock one and boost it.. or maybe sell it, well if anyone is looking for a head or block, or maybe some jdm pnc k20a parts hit me up
sounds like you got fucked that sucks man but let us know if you feel a loss of power

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the car back today, sounds better than before, but definatly feel a kick at vtec as if it is hesitating then boom, don't really like the feeling, but it'll do until I can afford the next motor... someday.. got LOTSA motor parts, I.e. jdm pnc k20a head, intake manifold, (black plastic) etc. Let me know what you might need, I will be posting pics and what not in marketplace eventually

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
the reason it hesitates is because the type-s/r have a completely different style of vtec than the base. id get into more technical details but from what im reading thats probably the easiest way to explain it to you. your mechanic is a complete idiot and good luck to this k20a3 that youre about to destroy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the reason it hesitates is because the type-s/r have a completely different style of vtec than the base. id get into more technical details but from what im reading thats probably the easiest way to explain it to you. your mechanic is a complete idiot and good luck to this k20a3 that youre about to destroy
Yea I know about the vtec differences that's why we swapped out the whole head, it probably will end up destroying it but it shouldn't happen anytime soon, because I wont be getting on it anyway, especially not in the winter, I plan to just get a k24 swap with kpro and if this motor lasts that long just sell it and take the type s parts off of it and sell those too, I.e. the intake manifold, oil pan, fuel rail and injectors and what not

1 - 15 of 15 Posts