Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Porter Cable Polisher and I was wondering if I should use the pad that came with it for applying wax and buffing the wax off. Or should I get different kinds of pads like one for cleaning, one for applying polish wax, and one for buffing?

Please HELP???? :confused:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I personally would not use the supplied pad that comes with the PC 7424. I would look into some meguiars DA pads, lake country DA pads, or the edge DA pads.

One other thing, the PC is best suited for the application of products, IMO. Though you can use microfiber bonnets to remove if you want, I just prefer hand.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey mistaclean what site did you get your pads from and what type of pads do your own??

Is that Foam pad that comes with the polisher realy that bad. Will it hert my paint to use it a few times befor i get the good ones??

This is all of my steps to washing and waxing my car:
wash with dawn sope to get any othe waxes or oils off
then clay if needed
3m Swirl Mark Remover wait 30 to 45 min then buff
Zaino 1 leave on
Z5 wait 45 min then buff
Z6 gloss spray
Than two more coats of Z2
Z6 agin

Let me know if these are good steps for washing/waxing???

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
if u guys dont mind.... can i ask what these are? new to car care forums usually dont come here, but now im getting really into car care...

Zaino 1 ?
Z5 ?
Z6 ?
Z2 ?

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
JsRSXtypeS said:

This is all of my steps to washing and waxing my car:
wash with dawn sope to get any othe waxes or oils off
then clay if needed
3m Swirl Mark Remover wait 30 to 45 min then buff
Zaino 1 leave on
Z5 wait 45 min then buff
Z6 gloss spray
Than two more coats of Z2
Z6 agin

You can't layer Zaino quickly if you are using Z1. Once you buff off a layer, you have to wait 8 hours before applying another layer. If you use ZFX you can layer it right away.

And an orbital buffer with Zaino... nah. Don't need it. Zaino is applied to thin to really make it worthwhile.

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
I have the 7424 and got some pads from meguiars and a few others from griotsgarage.com. They are kind of expensive, but they have some good stuff. Really helpful cutomer service as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts