Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd get some opinions on the best way to go about polishing my extra PRB manifold. Thought since I'm broke right now and I've had it laying around it will be something to do. Right now I've been polishing it with an orbital sander with 80, and 320 grit. Some parts with a dremel and some knockoff sanding things for it. I plan on using rubbing compound or polishing compound once I get it shiny and remove all the pits.

I can't really seem to get all the pits in the metal out even with the 80 grit sand paper.

Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if I sound stupid, but what is a flap wheel? Is it some sort of attachment for a drill?

Do you have a link to one on amazon or something so I can see what it looks like?

·
Custom User Title
153 Posts
Thought I'd get some opinions on the best way to go about polishing my extra PRB manifold. Thought since I'm broke right now and I've had it laying around it will be something to do. Right now I've been polishing it with an orbital sander with 80, and 320 grit. Some parts with a dremel and some knockoff sanding things for it. I plan on using rubbing compound or polishing compound once I get it shiny and remove all the pits.

I can't really seem to get all the pits in the metal out even with the 80 grit sand paper.

Has anyone else done this?
I had the same problem on a turbo, Use a wire wheel on a drill and then polish it will come out perfect

·
Its a honda thing
485 Posts
An orbital sander is not the way forward. you need to sand in the same direction for best results and keep changing the sand paper for a finer paper to get best results. Get some buffing products and cotton reels for your dremel to polish it up afterwards..... PS took me around a month of constant sanding to get a good effect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts