Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll: How many will Buy a DC Sports RACE header for BASE RSX???

Ok, I want to show a poll to the DC sports guys to let them know how many base owners will buy a DC Sports Race Header if they make one. I did not do this out of the blue, they did say if the demand is high, they will consider it. I really don't want to waste money on buying a S exhaust or buying an adapter... So lets show them.

Could the moderator make this a Sticky??

#1 : Ultraman :wavey:
#2 :
#3 :....

Link for reference. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=161192&page=1&pp=25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraman
Thanks for the info.

I have two questions.

1) Will this race header clear the Progress sway bar as well?

2) Do your company plan on making on for the Base RSX? I need to know, since if you will not make one, then I will not wait, and will just buy the Type S one and custom fit it to the Base exhaust. Thanks

Quote:

DC_Sports_Tech

To answer your question. we have not tested the header with any other sway bars. This system was designed to work with the stock sway bar, so there was no need to test any other combination of sway bars.

As far as making a race header for the base RSX, that is not on the drawing board at this point. If there is enough demand... you never know...

Edit: Changed title... Thanks for noticing it... I have to delete and repost iorder to change title...

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
monkymojo said:
oh oh me me me! im def in. i know for sure there are other ppl in the base forums who want the asme.

oh and a suggestion.....maybe you should change the tile to "Poll: How many Base owners will Buy a base dc sports RACE header???" (to catch ppls attention and be specific)

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! Thanks for the support... I think DC Race header will give more gains than any single one mod out there beside supercharge, nitro, or turbo... Hopefully, if they come out with one, it will be the same price...

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
monkymojo said:
haha thanks for copying and pasting that for me......i was gonna do it just now. good job on setting this up.

im gonna put this in my sig...wake up base owners!
no problem man... Damn, you made that font to a size 3? Hee...

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha, beat my BOLD...

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some people already have Base Cat-backs aftermarket.

·
Director/Producer
244 Posts
i suport the fact that you all want a new base header, altho i am looking at the toda race header and tyoe s combo, soon swap to k20a

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ResidueRSX said:
yeah...but they can just modify their mid pipes or have a new one made! :dontknow:
And why should they make Base Exhausts? They should just modify their mid pipes of just buy a Type S Header and downpipe... With the theory you are going at, why do Jackson Racing make a SC for the Base, the base should just get the S engine, better yet, why not just swap pullies and TB? You can go on forever... An application specific for one car should mean that no other mods are needed, as it should just be a bolt on mod... :thumbsdow Thanks for you comment BTW.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Ultraman said:
And why should they make Base Exhausts? They should just modify their mid pipes of just buy a Type S Header and downpipe... With the theory you are going at, why do Jackson Racing make a SC for the Base, the base should just get the S engine, better yet, why not just swap pullies and TB? You can go on forever... An application specific for one car should mean that no other mods are needed, as it should just be a bolt on mod... :thumbsdow Thanks for you comment BTW.
what did i ever say about swapping engines and shit? fuck the type s...i have an auto and im going all out with it...i never said anything about doing a swap...but why have 2 seperate parts when both can use the same one...if they have 1 part for both the s and the base, then the price for the one unit is lower, where if they have to spend more money on R&D for the base header...the price for the base header would most likely be a little more, and they would probably raise the price of the S header as well so they ar the same price...economically it just doesnt make since!

·
VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never said you said swap in a S engine, with the theory you had, one could have easily say swap engine. Anyway, no wars here... But, they are going throught R&D AGAIN already for the TypeS, they might just as well change the welding of the downpipe where it meets with the base. Its not that hard, since I think the base if straight, should be easier than making the S where they have to bend it alittle. Magnaflow did it for both S and Base, and they charged the same low price. Plus, with their 4" tip, for $50 more, they even gave you an extra midpipe... So I think its possible. But you go turbo, then you should not even get one whether if its for a S or base. But I am considering it coz I don't intent to turbo it. You can vote whatever, in the end its up to them to make it or not.. And if they don't make it, I will go buy myself a Power Getter Exhaust, since thats what I wanted in the beginning but short on cash.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Ultraman said:
I never said you said swap in a S engine, with the theory you had, one could have easily say swap engine. Anyway, no wars here... But, they are going throught R&D AGAIN already for the TypeS, they might just as well change the welding of the downpipe where it meets with the base. Its not that hard, since I think the base if straight, should be easier than making the S where they have to bend it alittle. Magnaflow did it for both S and Base, and they charged the same low price. Plus, with their 4" tip, for $50 more, they even gave you an extra midpipe... So I think its possible. But you go turbo, then you should not even get one whether if its for a S or base. But I am considering it coz I don't intent to turbo it. You can vote whatever, in the end its up to them to make it or not.. And if they don't make it, I will go buy myself a Power Getter Exhaust, since thats what I wanted in the beginning but short on cash.
yes, no wars here man...not what im looking for! I just dont really see a need for it, but more power to you man! :thumbsup: hopefully they will make on for the base just as long as both proces remain low!

·
Director/Producer
244 Posts
it isnt as easy as you think, in order to extract the highest amount of hp the header needs to bend in certin spots. now what your saying is making a header that makes power but then loses it cuz it has to go smaller at the muffler. this simply wont work. but you can try to get this made, i just see no point in it

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.