Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Because Showcar
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I picked up a ported RBC (70mm). would I need to either pick up a aftermarket 70mm throttle body or have my type s stock TB bored to 70mm and run an adapter? looking for the best option!
thanks!

2004 rsx type s

·
Super Moderator
23,672 Posts
You're best is to buy an aftermarket 70mm TB.

I had my stock one bored a long time ago and it was a waste of money.

·
Because Showcar
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're best is to buy an aftermarket 70mm TB.

I had my stock one bored a long time ago and it was a waste of money.
thanks for your input type spaz! been following your build since I first got my rsx 2010!
currently looking for the HR 70mm TB but since its discontinued its so hard to find.. what are your opinions on the skank2 TB?

·
Super Moderator
23,672 Posts
thanks for your input type spaz! been following your build since I first got my rsx 2010!
currently looking for the HR 70mm TB but since its discontinued its so hard to find.. what are your opinions on the skank2 TB?
yeah I wish Hybrid still offered the TB cause I just installed a Skunk2 and it was a pain in the ass. Cause their website sucks and doesn't tell you all the details. So we got the manifold and TB.. Then needed to order the adaptor and finally we were ready. But then we also needed to buy a cap for the MAP sensor port. What a hassle.

·
Because Showcar
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I wish Hybrid still offered the TB cause I just installed a Skunk2 and it was a pain in the ass. Cause their website sucks and doesn't tell you all the details. So we got the manifold and TB.. Then needed to order the adaptor and finally we were ready. But then we also needed to buy a cap for the MAP sensor port. What a hassle.
which adapter did u go with? I was looking into the HR adapter but since my rbc was ported to 70mm I wanted to have a TB to match..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts