Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RSX Lover
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering if it will be worth my time/money to get this old motor rebuilt and sold. The engine place said they would have to slightly grind the crankshaft and install a new rod/bearing and all told it will cost me about $1600. Could I get enough from selling this to be worth doing this? And shipping would cost the buyer probably an additional $500.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if it will be worth my time/money to get this old motor rebuilt and sold. The engine place said they would have to slightly grind the crankshaft and install a new rod/bearing and all told it will cost me about $1600. Could I get enough from selling this to be worth doing this? And shipping would cost the buyer probably an additional $500.
Not at all...... That's almost the price if not a little more of what an already running, never been opened longblock will go for... It would be a waste of time.

·
RSX Lover
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not at all...... That's almost the price if not a little more of what an already running, never been opened longblock will go for... It would be a waste of time.
Oh really? Thanks for the info. Where can one get one of these unopened longblocks? I've never heard of this.

·
465 Posts
check out car-part for used engines. look into doing a k24a2 swap? ill buy the head off your blown motor if you decided to part it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.