Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my rsx does something weird. At a complete stop with the car on and when I turn the wheel a little bit left or right the engine rpm raises a little and the engine has a slight vibration. The steering wheel also tries to jerk itself to go straight. When put the steering wheel in the straight position the vibration stops.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I noticed my rsx does something weird. At a complete stop with the car on and when I turn the wheel a little bit left or right the engine rpm raises a little and the engine has a slight vibration. The steering wheel also tries to jerk itself to go straight. When put the steering wheel in the straight position the vibration stops.
The rpm rises because the power steering system adds drag and adds more load to the serpentine belt and crank pulley., so the car compensates the potential rpm loss from the drag by raising the rpm a little. I'm not sure about the steering jerk you are talking about. Is it a small amount or a big amount. A video will help best to explain the situation.

·
Registered
253 Posts
  • Check for power steering fluid level and check if any of the hoses are leaking
  • Check the condition of your motor mounts.

Reactions: johnnyamador6972016
1 - 5 of 5 Posts