Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CBR929RR
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ...Want to use the window switch without the key in the igniton. Thinking of jumpering the constant power from the power door switch to the window switch. Does anyone forsee any problems.

Thx in advance

·
No More Project Car Hell
28,172 Posts
You can definately do that, but one problem I forsee is security... Now I know that nobody would know that your car is modded to do this, but I would still be weary if it was my car...

·
Banned
120 Posts
Cool where do you live? That sounds like a good way to get some stuff stolen. Why would you want to do that anyways, just take a second and insert the key.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
well actually i was thinking about this too. I know on my dad's 1991 Accord, the power windows would still work 30 secs after u pull out the key. but now 10 years later, a base level luxury honda doesn't do same thing. yea kinda wierd.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
krystar said:
well actually i was thinking about this too. I know on my dad's 1991 Accord, the power windows would still work 30 secs after u pull out the key. but now 10 years later, a base level luxury honda doesn't do same thing. yea kinda wierd.
yea i could turn my prelude off and then roll the windows up as long as i didnt open the door. once i opened the door i had to reinsert the key

·
Registered
430 Posts
silver RSX-S said:
yea i could turn my prelude off and then roll the windows up as long as i didnt open the door. once i opened the door i had to reinsert the key
My moms 2001 Accord does that too. From what I heard when the RSX was first coming out, they were gonna do this with our car but decided not to or something.

Edit: Now, I would like this feature, but not a constant power feature.

·
CBR929RR
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Compilez said:
My moms 2001 Accord does that too. From what I heard when the RSX was first coming out, they were gonna do this with our car but decided not to or something.

Edit: Now, I would like this feature, but not a constant power feature.
So in order to do this you would have to install some kind of delay unit then. Any ideas on this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts