Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just ordered the D4 13kv.2's from eD, I couldn't pass up the awsome deal they currently have going on.

Anyway, I cant decide what to get to power these two. I was thinking a NINe.1 just so I have the option of upgrading later on. The NINe.2x would be good for this setup, but for about 45 bucks more I could get the NINe.1. Then theres a member selling his used NINe.2 for a really good price......so I'm stuck on what to to.

Any thoughts/sugestions would be great, I've been searching everywhere for about 3hrs now.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Nine.2x would be best for them as The 13Kv.2's sound best with around 400ish watts per sub which is what the 2x would give them bridged. Nine.1 would be overkill on them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nine.2x would be best for them as The 13Kv.2's sound best with around 400ish watts per sub which is what the 2x would give them bridged. Nine.1 would be overkill on them.

Yea, I know the 2x would be perfect for these but I just don't want to kick myself in the butt later if I upgrade subs, knowing I could have had the 9.1 for a few bucks more.

How loud will these be in a sealed box with a 2x?

·
Entrepreneur
1,323 Posts
It will be just as loud as the nine.1. The nine.1 just gives you extra headroom for upgrading later on

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Amp is not going to make it much louder, you still have to set the gain to a point where you are not going to blow the subs with a nine.1 or nine.2x. 400 more watts will not give you much more out of them as you will start to hit mechanical limits before you would use full power of the amp

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amp is not going to make it much louder, you still have to set the gain to a point where you are not going to blow the subs with a nine.1 or nine.2x. 400 more watts will not give you much more out of them as you will start to hit mechanical limits before you would use full power of the amp
Do you mean its not gonna get any louder going from the 9.2 to the 2x, or going from the 2x to the 9.1? If I were to get the 9.1 I would obviously be setting the gain a lot lower so as to give each sub ~400 or so watts. I would really only be getting this amp just to save some cash in the future if I were to upgrade.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Do you mean its not gonna get any louder going from the 9.2 to the 2x, or going from the 2x to the 9.1? If I were to get the 9.1 I would obviously be setting the gain a lot lower so as to give each sub ~400 or so watts. I would really only be getting this amp just to save some cash in the future if I were to upgrade.
2x to the 9.1, I look at it more like if you need to upgrade latter nine.2x goes on comps.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2x to the 9.1, I look at it more like if you need to upgrade latter nine.2x goes on comps.
Yea thats what I'm thinking now also. I may just buy the 9.2 from the member here and then later I'll upgrade subs/amp. Do you think that running these two subs at 200w will be decent enough, or just run one at 400w, or will there be no difference since I'm either doubling the power or area so it basically stays the same? This with the 9.2?

edit: I just realized that I can't power a single d4 and get 400w out of the 9.2...

·
Entrepreneur
1,323 Posts
with the nine.2 and m y alpine 450 you can give each speaker 400 watts =)

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
just get the nine.2x for the subs and get the nine.2 to use for front comps as you need good highs to keep up with good bass, that is why I have 800 watts on my highs and 1200 on my sub. Granted that is overkill for most people but I am used to systems where I have had double the power on the highs in comparison to the bass for headroom purposes for competition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts