Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I replaced the o-ring in my power steering pump a few months back, fixing the bubbling and whining noise for a while. However out of nowhere the whine came back, however this time its a bit different. Its only seems to come after a while, and is pretty hit or miss, sometimes it doesn't have any issues. However when it starts whining, whenever I make a turn, a loud screeching noises comes from the steering wheel, appvalleyand I can fe tutuapp el vibrations on the wheel. Its almost like an elastic band being stretched and the tension is on the car. Now I'm thinking I probably have to replace the entire pump, I can see a small leak coming directly under the reservoir, and there are bubbles, but the level looks fine. I'm thinking I need to replace a tweakbox nother o-ring, maybe the one for the pipe leaving directly under the reservoir. Does anyone have the part number, or could the screeching mean something worse?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,748 Posts
yeah sounds like your pump is on it's way out for sure. They aren't that bad in price and easy to change. I'd start there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts