Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quick question, How many of you power shift your RSX when at the track? meaning keep your right foot down the whole time just tapping the clutch in between shifts.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If your good at it, and have sticky tires you bet it does. Simple math, there is less RPM drop, and no vaccume from the throttle plate getting snapped shut. W/ turbo you don't loose boost pressure and it really pays. I stress IF your good at it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I friend of mine does it in his 91 daytona and powershifitng he get's 13.9.14.1 when he lets off the gas between shifts he runs a 14.3-14.5 so that's almost a half a second. He does all four gears though.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Different animal. If your friend lets up he drops a whole lot more RPM's than we do + he has a way longer shift throw. But point well taken. If you learn how to power shift the right way you should be faster.

eric

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I never power shift....I dont see the need to do if you can shift quick enough.

·
Oct '01 OG!
4,463 Posts
I don't think I've ever tried, I always though that it makes you miss gears or doesnt' allow it to go in the next gear when you're bouncing off redline.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
APEXI try power shifting it might improve your time lol and it has its benifits like your engine rpm wont drop as fast and shit i don't care how fast u think u shift powershifting is faster and more effiecent if u know how to do it and i power shift all the time and never hit the redline allenp its all about timing and i think my times speak for themselves with just my exhaust and ES mounts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Ill give it a try, but i feel like i shift faster when i dont power shift:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
now look at wut i said you have to get good at it first so your times might be the same until u get the feel of it and yes you will miss gears sometimes it happens:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
not if u know wut ur doing and u don't drive normally going down the drag strip anyway if you call that normal driving ur doing something wrong. if your scared of breaking something u shouldn't be drag racing in the first place correct? the goal of drag racing is to get the fastest time out of what u have not to worry about breaking shit. if ya don't have the money to fix it maybe you shouldn't do it lol yall people crack me up i wanta race but i don't want to break anything lol listen to what u r saying

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.