Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking I will eventually go JRSC...what mods need to be done ahead of time? As far as anything that cannot be used with a SC...any ideas??

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
i mean, i'm not sure how everything is, so don't quote me but superchargers work on compressed air from the intake to spin the shaft and the pulley.. i'm guessing a cold air would be fine.. the only safest thing to get would be an exhaust...

turbo's work off of exhaust gases - so you need a special exhaust manifold - but for s/c, you can get a regular header like comptech, jackson, dc sports, etc.. so your safe on the exhaust side from what i know :)

work on your suspension, wheels, lightweight rims, LSD, clutch, flywheel - what good is power if you can't get it into the ground??

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
UsedtodriveaTahoe said:
I am thinking I will eventually go JRSC...what mods need to be done ahead of time? As far as anything that cannot be used with a SC...any ideas??
Exhaust, but more importantly the gauges you'll need like EGT, oil pressure and boost gauge. The gauges can be added just prior to the SC installation, but a good exhaust system should be in place when the SC is ready to be installed.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I totally agree, thats how I am doing it right now, suspension first and then a few peices that have to do with power transfer and then I'll save up for a turbo or something...that way if I decide not to go turbo, I'll still have a sweet ride. Here are some suggestions:

1.coilovers
2.lightweight rims(17" maybe more cause you might want to upgrade brakes.)and tires :) (toyos are good)
3.upgrade brakes(willwood is good, best bang for buck)
4.x-brace
5.bushings(ES or mugen whatever)
6.LSD(limited slip differential) and final drive(they go together)
7.sway bar(neuspeed, comptech, or whatever)
8.front and rear strut braces.

I dont know that wasn't really in order but you get the gist, but after you get the turbo go with a turbo timer and a new clutch.

G

·
UsedtodriveaTahoe said:
What is an LSD??:dontknow:
Limited Slip Differential...it basically transfers power to both wheels. w/out lsd...one tire is grabbing traction while the other is just spinning...like a stock rsx.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea but before applying a turbo wouldnt you need bigger fuel rail, injectors, pump. Forged steel pistons some rods, make your engine stronger for high boost???

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
might want to re-think the final drive and sc combo - might not be the best mod !!

final drive is great for NA but might give you undesirable results in a FI app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.