Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, im going to be getting the jrsc race kit soon so i wanna prepare for it. i want as many ponies as i can get with the 7lb pulley but i also want reliability. so ive been looking at diffrent things i can do to get the reliablilty and power. heres what i came up with:
k-pro
cybernation block saver
ngk iridum plugs (colder)
bored TB (kingmotorsports)
toda valve springs
skunk2 Ti retainers
comptech flywheel
exedy organic clutch
type r lsd
comptech race header
thermal 3" exhaust
CAI of course

now is this stuff overkill or not worth getting? if so why?
stuff im not sure if i should get:
skunk2 valves
550cc injectors
fuel pump
fuel pressure regulator
fuel rail

let me know what you think :thumbsup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well if you're going to be running 7 psi, you probably wont need 550cc (I'd only suggest 550cc if you plan to run 11psi or more as a daily driver), 440cc should be just fine, and with the 440's you can just run off the stock fuel system. pm wdsonny if you have any questions about the jrsc, he's pretty knowledgable about the system and can probably give you some good answers.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Actually hondat recommends 550cc injectors when running more then 7psi on the JRSC. You are thinking of the greddy turbo kit. It can handle 11psi with 440s becuase it dosnt flow as much at psi for psi. 440s are goor to about 260-270whp. If you are no0t gonna run more than 7psi you should be fine with 440s. for the 550s you would need to recalibrate the ecu for them anyway. If i were you i would go with:

K-pro(so you can retune for future mods like cams, nitrous, more boost, IC later)
Gauges(oil pressure,boost,a/f)
one step colder plugs
Exedy stage 2 clutch and flywheel(dont think the organic will be enough esp. if you up the hp later)
Quife LSD(stonger/better than the type r, cheaper, lifetime warrenty)
CAI
Thermal 3in
Race header(Toda preferably, unless something better comes out)
550cc(incase you up the boost later)
MAP relocate kit
Tires
JRSC street kit( with the other sutff there is no need for the injectors and flash in the race kit)

I would hold off on spring and retainers until later it you get FI specific cams so you can use the ones the company reccomends with there cams. The stock spring and retainers should be good to 8700.You also should wait to do the valve when you have the head off since you dont really need them anyway. The stock fule rail is good past 300whp so there is no need to mess with that. the stock fuel pump is also good to 300whp as well. there is no way to use a FPR since we have a returnless fuel system so that would be pointless as well.The block gaurd isn really worth it at such a low psi. You really dont need everything i listed, but it would give you the ability to upgrade you boost,ect. later without havin to worry. At the bare minimum to run 7psi you need the JR race kit, smaller SC pulley, Clutch, limited slip, tires, race header, 2.5in plus exhaust and a CAI.

·
7 yrs?!?
2,284 Posts
I plan on going JRSC soon and I an shooting for MAP relocator, 440cc injectors, Hondata JRSC reflash, JR Race header, O2 sim, JR Boost Upgrade Pulley, Hondata IMG, and Type R LSD. I am sticking with my stock exhaust for now because I just cant get ride of the PG yet. I would go for S2k valve springs if i were you, because not only can rev just as high but you can stick with the stock retainers and keepers.
Tom

·
Registered
409 Posts
thatguywiththersx said:
K-pro(so you can retune for future mods like cams, nitrous, more boost, IC later)
Gauges(oil pressure,boost,a/f)
one step colder plugs
Exedy stage 2 clutch and flywheel(dont think the organic will be enough esp. if you up the hp later)
Quife LSD(stonger/better than the type r, cheaper, lifetime warrenty)
CAI
Thermal 3in
Race header(Toda preferably, unless something better comes out)
550cc(incase you up the boost later)
MAP relocate kit
Tires
JRSC street kit( with the other sutff there is no need for the injectors and flash in the race kit)
how about the Greddy Titanium race exhaust instead of Thermal exhaust and adding the JR Race header(i dunno how the Toda one performs with the JRSC) and a torque dampener(J's racing or 5zigen), and traction control...i heard good things about traction control and SC combo...

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, as of today, i have the comptech race header, toda valve springs and skunk2 Ti reainers (just to be safe), comptech flywheel, exedy stage 1 (should do the job cause i probably wont reach 300 ponies, type r lsd (for now, if it goes then quife).
so is i cheaper to get street kit then get injectors etc... or just get race kit? either way im gonna get k-pro and 7lb pulley.
i think this should be on everyones mind that considering boost. if you just boost a car and dont do the "extra" stuff your wasting time IMO. :thumbsup:

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know the part # for the ngk plugs? im wanting the iridiums 1 stage colder. i think this is also a must have.

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you guys think a o2 sim is a must? would that get rid of cel's? even with k-pro? where do you get one?

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you get the k-pro there is no need to use an 02 sim because you can turn off all OBDII functions.

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what about our stock ignition? is there any upgrades that are availible, other than nology wires?
and fuel upgrades, i see a lot of people getting fuel pumps. is that a must?

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also, to add to the list, exhausts. i want somthing very quiet, low profile and has a good flow. now, i know that the 3" thermal will flow the best but i heard some sound clips and seems to loud to me. let me know what you guys think about the list i made.
heres what i came down to:
rsr ex mag
apexi world sport ver 2
greddy sp 2
dc sports tcs
tanabe super hyper medalion

im not so sure about borla, comptech and magnaflow. from what clips ive heard i didnt like them that much.

so whats gonna flow best out of the above list?

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crower emailed me back and said that they are going to have cams in about a month. also said that they will have cams for supercharged rsx's :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts