Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Zymol leather conditioner works great for me.

·
sigh
12,700 Posts
ADAMRSX said:
i got 102,500 miles on my seats with not cracks. i rub them down with leather conditioner about once a month.
What kind/brand of conditioner do you use? I was thinking about going to a boat shop and seeing what they have their for boat leather. My leather was replaced under warranty, but had severe cracking by 19k miles.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
i got about 8000km and im using mothers cleaner and conditioner.

so far ok i guess. cleaned/conditioned twice so far, plan on getting tinted windows soon to help with the heating up during summer.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
640k said:
What kind/brand of conditioner do you use? I was thinking about going to a boat shop and seeing what they have their for boat leather. My leather was replaced under warranty, but had severe cracking by 19k miles.
MEGUIARS. its probably not the best, but so far so ggod.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here is my 94 accord. I have been using the meguiars medallion leather conditioner for as long as I can remember. I apply it twicw to three times a month, more in the summer.

These pics were taken last year when the car about 155,000. She now has about 170,000, and looks the same.

·
sigh
12,700 Posts
I did some reading on that Lexol leather conditioner, and this stuff seems like THE stuff for leather. Gonna pick some up, just gotta figure out who carries it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
640k said:
I did some reading on that Lexol leather conditioner, and this stuff seems like THE stuff for leather. Gonna pick some up, just gotta figure out who carries it.

I use Lexol cleaner and the conditioner and love it. I wouldn't use anything else myself. but to each there own

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
HEK said:
Kiwi's Saddle Soap works for me....ADAMRSX...102K...wow dude and the car runs great so far...??.. :thumbsup:
just broke 103,000 and still runs like a champ. just ordered my first set of plugs and a belt. i must say those denso iridiums are the shit. Vect and redline every day since my first oil change at 3000, never missed a beat.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
640k said:
Tack shop (Horse supplies) sell Lexol cheaper than car dealerships and auto supply stores.

It's the same stuff.
Leather car seats = luxurious option, charge a markup, hose people.
Leather horse saddles = normal feature, less markup

·
sigh
12,700 Posts
Frosty said:
Tack shop (Horse supplies) sell Lexol cheaper than car dealerships and auto supply stores.

It's the same stuff.
Leather car seats = luxurious option, charge a markup, hose people.
Leather horse saddles = normal feature, less markup
I was always told to check out boat suppliers and pool/spa retail stores for leather products - didn't think about horse saddles (my mom has two horses!). Will have to check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
wow good to hear about the seats...

i will do this is alot to keep them looking good !

did u guys put on a leather cleaner when u first got the car?

·
sigh
12,700 Posts
tiger88 said:
wow good to hear about the seats...

i will do this is alot to keep them looking good !

did u guys put on a leather cleaner when u first got the car?
Lexol recommends not using cleaners on new cars as you culd ruin that protectants and tanning thats already in them. I think you're supposed to wait a year. Check their website for recommendations.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
640k said:
Lexol recommends not using cleaners on new cars as you culd ruin that protectants and tanning thats already in them. I think you're supposed to wait a year. Check their website for recommendations.

thanks for the post. i will check into it !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts