Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm not sure what I am looking at, but the previous owner connected the Pioneer wire harness as seen below. I am confused why he did it this way...
20210425_155200.jpg

Also, he has an iSimple antenna adapter connected to his Pioneer. Wasn't iSimple's purpose to be used with the factory radio?
20210425_174005.jpg
Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm quite a novice with this stuff, but I'd like to learn. The new Kenwood I installed sounds much better (less static), but there remains a soft static when the radio/my phone is not playing, which I assume is because the iSimple antenna adapter is too short for the Kenwood antenna socket.

·
WILDCARD!
1,484 Posts
So, I'm not sure what I am looking at, but the previous owner connected the Pioneer wire harness as seen below. I am confused why he did it this way...
View attachment 568118
I'm trying to imagine giving so few fucks that you think this is an adequate radio install, lol. And yeah, I dunno on the iSimple. If I had to guess, I would say he used it on the factory radio at one point to get an aux option and then just left it when he switched to a Pioneer becuz DGAF?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts