Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so cool I got a Alpine cda-9884. Nice ok so I turn it on n cool it works but wait! so the speakers were pumping sound then all of a sudden a couple of pops and scratched and the sound is gone from the speakers! The sub is still going but that's plugged in via RCA. AND now something happened and the HU wont turn on, the doors wont lock unless its don't manually, turn signals are out, and gauge panel doesn't turn on unless engine is on, but headlights will turn on regardless. Door lock fuses are good, and so is the Radio Fuse. I am scarred haha.....help ME PLEASE!!!!

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,219 Posts
That really doesnt sound too good....especially at 5 am gl nonetheless

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like it could be a fuse, check all inside and in engine bay. Also check to make sure all your connections are tight to your head unit. Make sure you have a good ground as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i used a harness......it has all the symptoms of a fuse blow out, I just dont know what fuse...hmmmm.......thanks for the input guys...lets see what happens

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I forget the exact fuse but i blew a backup fuse once, and had similar symptoms. Located in engine bay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice dude, ya it was the backup fuse...so 1/2 problem solved!....now i still got my speakers...they came on n then they went out again....its like they cut in and out...hmmm

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
nice dude, ya it was the backup fuse...so 1/2 problem solved!....now i still got my speakers...they came on n then they went out again....its like they cut in and out...hmmm
that sounds like just a loose connection.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
excellent...so the speaker problem was that my left door speaker fell off its housing n was constantly hitting the door causing it to short because the door is ground therefor shutting off all my speakers: unusual situation....haha...anyways thanks dudes for the input and help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts