Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is in an auto talon. Whenever you hit the gas and accelerate you hear a high pitched chatter. You only hear it when accelerating, when you are off the gas the noise goes away.
Some said it was the timing belt? I had it lubed and everything tightened it stopped for like an hour and started up again.
Would the belt need to be replaced?

When I start up the car, and during acceleration you hear the noise, but after like 15 mins it goes away....?

any ideas?

·
VTEC'n Again!!
148 Posts
Well if its more like a high pitched screeching, than it is probably a belt. I wouldn't think that its the timing belt, simply because I have never heard of a timing belt squeaking (thats just me though). It is most likely an accessory belt, like the ones connected to the water pump or alternator. Pop the hood and have a friend start the car up and hit the gas, while you stand and listen for where the noise is coming from. Let us know what you come up with.

Also, "I had it lubed and everything tightened it stopped for like an hour and started up again.", what exactly are you talking about here? The timing belt? You should never have any belts "lubed". Let me know please.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts