Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sometimes when I start my car, my entire audio system is off and the only sounds I can hear are coming from the stock tweeters. However, after driving around for about 15 minutes, the audio system will randomly come back on. Once it comes back on, it will work perfectly. However, the problem comes up again randomly when I go to start my car (entire audio system is off, sound only comes from stock tweeters, after some driving it'll automatically turn back on).

Now, the first thing I thought was that the amps were not receiving power, so i checked the wiring and the fuses and all looked ok. next, i thought there was a problem with the deck, so i pulled it out and took a look but it also looked ok. All the components themselves seem to be working since the system runs perfectly when it is on, so I'm wondering if there is some electrical problems somewhere. Can you guys help? I want to give this car to my younger brother, but not if it's going to have this problem. BTW, it happens so randomly that I cannot reproduce it when I want to for troubleshooting, so i'm out of ideas.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Is it with the stock bose amp etc? if so the amp itself could be going out or a short on the power, ground, or remote on line.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not the stock amp. I'm running an alpine 9887, dual SQ10s, and two Nine.2s. So you're saying most likely the problem is with the amps?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
check that the amps are turning on and not going into protection if they are going into protection (both at the same time?) then their is some sort of power problem, could be a bad fuse on the main line to the amps, esp if it is a glass AGU fuse as they can come un-soldered from there contacts and you will not be able to tell w/o a multimeter.

·
Coming soon!
1,498 Posts
check you remote wire! Your tweeters are connected directly to the headunit as your spearkers are not thats why you tweets stay on! Also make sure none of the speakers wires are touching a ground in the door since you are running amps! But it has to be a wire i am honestly thinking it is the remote wire!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice i'll check on that and update the thread. i've already checked the power and ground cables, but i'll recheck those as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts