1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FCUK Rep Pts!
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is a 1999 acoord 4cyl with a F-max turbo

the prblem he has is as follow.........

it only happens when he uses the turbo,

when he goes to full throttle the exhaust sounds like its trying to throw up but it cant

and he cant accelerate past a certain speed (for example he is going 50 and he tries to floor it, the car wont go pass 50)

and my red light goes on in my turbo temperature gauge

anyone know what's wrong with his car??

·
Registered
462 Posts
RsXtaCe said:

when he goes to full throttle the exhaust sounds like its trying to throw up but it cant

and he cant accelerate past a certain speed (for example he is going 50 and he tries to floor it, the car wont go pass 50)

Check the oil feed line for the turbo. I would also check the fins on the turbo as well as check for play. It could be exhaust as well bottle necking up or it could be too rich for the amount of boost you are running.

Has this car ever worked right?

·
Registered
340 Posts
RsXtaCe said:

Sounds like it may be a severe misfire to me.. This misfire is probably onsetting detonation, which would explain your increased turbo temps..

What is the vehicle's ignition timing at now?? Also, what size injectors are being used currently?? What spark plugs and gapping?? You said F-max kit, so I am assuming that you are using the pressure riser and check valve that come with it, correct?? Be sure your check valve is operating properly (otherwise, your ECU may be reading boost through your MAP sensor).. Do you have any sort of AFC or anything??

One of the biggest things will be to make sure that the install was done correctly (I am not doubting you, just check)..

·
FCUK Rep Pts!
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok this is what my buddy told me to post

"the car turned itself off and i had to wait 15 sec to restart
: its like the engine or turbo or something gets clogged
what does that mean?"

·
Registered
340 Posts
RsXtaCe said:
ok this is what my buddy told me to post

"the car turned itself off and i had to wait 15 sec to restart
: its like the engine or turbo or something gets clogged
what does that mean?"

It was cranking, but not starting, or not cranking at all?? Clarification please..Answers to my previous questions will help a lot also..

Definitely make sure your check valve is installed properly; if your ECU sees boost through the MAP sensor, your car will shut off and could take some time to restart..This would also explain your problem when its running if this is what's causing it also..N/A ECUs do not like seeing boost..

·
Registered
198 Posts
does he have a stock catalytic converter. sounds like a problem similar to what i had. Is it still boosting the same?

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
Is he using the mega-ghetto additional injector controller that comes with those godforsaken F-Max kits?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts