Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have some projector headlights and for some reason the driver side looks more brighter than the passenger and looks like it’s not aligned as well. The cut off line is proper when against a wall, just weird while driving. I have tried aiming but I don’t think it moves. I’m using OEM lighting with Phillips h1 bulbs

·
Registered
280 Posts
Are you sure you don't have a set of jdm headlight housings? If my memory serves me right the USDM lights shine like this - / /
While JDM shine like this - \ \

·
Maximum Plaid FTW
722 Posts
We need more information than what you have provided. Who is the manufacturer (make) of your projector headlights? Did you buy a headlight assembly off of eBay or the likes (i.e., China version; aftermarket) or did you or someone retrofit a projector into the stock headlight assembly? Also, is the projector made for use in the USA? Beware of JDM spec, as another has pointed out, the cut off line for USA should go something like this: /-------- while the JDM goes like this -------\

According to what you have described so far, I'm going to guess that the projector headlight assembly you have is an aftermarket product and also JDM specification. If so, they're well known to have less than satisfactory light output pattern and the wrong pattern for USA. Understand this cliche: you get what you pay for. Suggested fix: spend more money to buy a legitimate retrofit projector headlight assembly and USA specification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts