Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some innovative motor mounts, the street kit, from here. I installed the passenger one with no problem. I moved on to the driver side mount and pulled it out. Went to put the innovative mount in, but cant get the bolt in. The bolt hole is to small on the innovative mount. I went to check the package to see if it came with any bolts but all a found was a bunch of packaging paper and i tried calling innovative but they are closed. Was i suppose to get bolts with my order?? Can someone with the innovative mounts help my out here please.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Did you buy the car new? maybe someone replaced that bolt with a larger one

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, i got that sucker in there. Took me FOREVER to get it in. Because of this issue, I only have the two side mounts in. It already feels a million times better though. I'm so used to ridding around with shot mounts, the right way feels so wrong. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Ok, i got that sucker in there. Took me FOREVER to get it in. Because of this issue, I only have the two side mounts in. It already feels a million times better though. I'm so used to ridding around with shot mounts, the right way feels so wrong. Thanks for the help guys.
I really want to know what it feels like around redline shifting. I can't wait to have mine installed.

·
Ba*G Bro's INC Since 1986
715 Posts
It feels solid. You shift and go. No noise making crap from the wheels. And the feel of it is awesome, seems like you go into gear better.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Do them your self, its honestly not that hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finished putting the back one in.... OMG it feel so much better. It feels stiffer and it feels a lot more responsive once i hit the throttle. Only problem i have is i cant feel or hear the vtec kick in. I think it has to do with the ground wire that used to be bolted on to the passenger side mount. I bolted it to the frame but after following the wire it is already bolted to the frame. To the guys with the innovative kits in.. where did you bolt the wire to??:confused:

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
I finished putting the back one in.... OMG it feel so much better. It feels stiffer and it feels a lot more responsive once i hit the throttle. Only problem i have is i cant feel or hear the vtec kick in. I think it has to do with the ground wire that used to be bolted on to the passenger side mount. I bolted it to the frame but after following the wire it is already bolted to the frame. To the guys with the innovative kits in.. where did you bolt the wire to??:confused:
are you throwing a check engine light?

·
7,611 Posts
If it wasn't grounded, the engine wouldn't start. I found that out by forgetting to reattach it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts