Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PRC (Type R) ecu that was made into a k-pro. My problem is that when I install it with the stock calibration (immobilizer disabled) it generates a VTEC oil pressure DTC. I can clear the code but it comes right back. When I re-install the OE ECU there is no DTC. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From my reading the JDM (K20A) does not have a VTEC oil pressure sending unit and the JDM ecu doesn't support that sensor. So the ability to disable the VTEC oil pressure exists for people swapping a JDM engine into a USDM car and using the USDM ecu. In that case the ecu supports the sensor but the engine doesn't have one. That scenario makes perfect sense to me.

But I don't understand why I would need to disable the sensor. I've got a USDM engine with the JDM ecu. So in my case the engine supports the sensor but the ecu doesn't. Therefore if the DTCs are generated by the ecu I shouldn't get one. Becasue the ecu should just ignore the sensor.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
VTEC oil pressure switch

You'll need to disable the VTEC oil pressure input as the PRC ECU doesn't support that sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hondata said:
You'll need to disable the VTEC oil pressure input as the PRC ECU doesn't support that sensor.
thanks for the response

Is it the sensor that generates the error or the ECU? If its the ECU then why would the PRC generate the DTC if it doesn't support the sensor? Shouldn't the PRC ecu just happily ignore the sensor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.