Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

problems after washing enigine.

2K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  DidIt4TehLulz 
#1 ·
ok so heres my story, yesturday i went and washed my car, and i washed my engine also, being dumb i used the presure washer on my engine, ive done this before and nothing has happened. any who, so after i finsihed the wash i noticed my oil light was on and then i got the check engine light. car goes into a limp mode at 4 grand now too. i also can not read my car with my computer, when i datalogg it shows no sensors, and it will only stay online for about 5 sec and then goes offline. i thought that it was probally due to water being in one of the sensors and shorting out, so i let it sit over night to dry out but the problem continues. any one have any ideas what i can do?

#2 ·
did you cover up the electronics, alt, etc. before you washed it? how long has it been (has it had time to dry)? keep the pressure washer away from your engine unless you know what your doing.

check fuses and electronics

#7 ·
Id check all wires, connectors, pcm connections, etc,etc. The low oil pressure will make it go into limp mode, make sure everything is plugged in, no broken wires, no broken conenctors. Check thoroughly. Give me a CEL code too datalogging doesnt help with a cel

#11 ·
hard to believe it was caused by washing the engine - I've been washing my car's engines for YEARS, monthly at least, without covering a damn thing without ill effects other than the occasional squeaky serpentine belt on initial startup after the wash.

:dontknow:

Maybe the wash caused something that was already broken to act up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.