Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
red rider
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently have the stock 16"x6.5 on my 02 type S. Found a guy selling these 18"x8 Motegi racing wheels with tires 225/40R18 88W. Looks like it matches up well but what does the 88W mean? also looks like the 18" have a +35mm offset. With that being the case, clearance from the stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 9mm LESS while the outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 29mm... With the bigger tire and decreased distance between inside of tire and stut housing will there be problems?

Is this too big/too much rubber to keep my S peppy?

·
red rider
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found out that 88W stands for the load index and speed rating

88 = 1243lbs. max load

W = 168mph rating

has anyone successfully tucked 18x8 with a 35mm offset into an rsx without rubbing?

·
red rider
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well excuse me... If 18x8 are so sub par then I sure that extra half inch on your wheels puts your shit on a pedistal...way to be a jackass....For the record it's not like you have 500whp where your sliping the stockies thru every gear! So just shut it you snotty nosed prick!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
well excuse me... If 18x8 are so sub par then I sure that extra half inch on your wheels puts your shit on a pedistal...way to be a jackass....For the record it's not like you have 500whp where your sliping the stockies thru every gear! So just shut it you snotty nosed prick!
my point was why the fuck are you clogging up the forum with your worthless thread when two links down is the AGGRESSIVE wheel thread? Did you look in there at all? Did you try searching for "18x8"? If you did either one of those two things you'd know that your question has been answered a hundred times over, and people have gone way been those specs already. Your lazy ass is the cancer of clubrsx. Jesus fuck

·
Got Stinkhole?
316 Posts
I just stuck my finger in my ass and smelled it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts