Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well of course all input is good:) I have an ABP RSX and I need help with cleaning products. I have read several threads on this board and I put together as much as I could. I am going to buy the Porter Cable and this package. Do you think this package would be a good buy for a beginner? Right now I use all Eagle One and Meguiar's Gold Class products and I want to step up and take better care of my car's finish. Please help :wavey:

http://www.properautocare.com/deepliqshinf.html

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Many views yet no reply :wtf:

I suppose I'll just order this kit anyways. Gonna cost some serious $$$. I'm not used to spending this kinda money on car care products, but I'm damn excited to do it :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the results.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered it today, and recieved a confirmation saying it will arrive on Friday. I will post some close up before and after pics. $170 shipped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a similar package (Pinnacle Total Car Care Kit) Souveran Wax is hot it better be for the price you pay ya know. :eek:
I detailed my friends 95 maxima it came out really good best that it ever looked in the 3years he owned it. I went all out though wash/clay/meguiars polish/wax, I ordered up two bottles of Menzerna Intensive/Final Polish though, a friend recommended it said it's what all mercedes use on their high end cars. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit hopefully this saturday.
I would say though the package is not for a beginner as its very expensive to most, s100 wax gives off similar results and costs far less and lasts a tad longer but the souveran is pretty damn shiny. (Gotta like the cool carrying case the wax comes in :laughing: )

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can afford it and thouroughlly enjoy washing my car. Detailing it with top of the line products was always my goal. It's hard to find what's "the best" because people have too many biased opinions toward one product. I've been studying peoples posts in this forum and decided to purchase this. Hopefully it turns out good.

·
Registered
336 Posts
did you also buy your porter cable already? cause i was gonna tell you to check out the one they have on autopia.org, they have the 7424 in an ultimate polish machine kit. it comes with a few of the foam pads and the matching velcro backing. i'm getting mine soon. also, i've read amazing things about the new NXT tech was that meguiars just put out. Price is not that bad and from peoples opinions that have alredy used it, it lasts a good while to. i'll let you all know how it works for me and i'll try and post some pics.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I haven't bought the porter cable yet. Tomorrow I'm getting my HKS exhaust (and putting it on), JDM HID's, and a RO_JA lip (ordered). This is going to cost me some $$. I'm gonna hold on the porter cable until I get the body kit installed. I'm scared to buff b/c I don't want to damage my clearcoat:nervous: I am inexperienced with buffers...

·
Registered
336 Posts
talyler, with the porter cable 7424, its a dual action, so even tho you don't have much experience as neither do i, from what i understand you don't have to worry about burning the paint. especially if you go with the foam pads. anyway, i just thought i'd mention that. let me know how it goes. good luck with your mods.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks dude:thumbsup: I'll post before and after pics on saturday when I wash it with my new stuff. And yes I will purchase the porter cable model you mentioned....just not right now:D

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's the HKS Hi Power exhaust. It sounds great (deep and not loud), and has an aggressive angled mount...dat's how it's supposed to look:thumbsup:

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just noticed I didn't post before and after pics:( Sorry. It turned out great, but took me a long time. I used the pinnacle car shampoo with a microfiber mitt, dried off with big blue, applied pinnacle paint cleansing lotion with a microfiber applicator (reusable), wiped that off with a microfiber cloth, then used pinnacle soveran (sp?) wax and wiped off with a microfiber cloth. The pic in my sig is from the day I washed it (last Saturday) at a local RSX meet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts