Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I haven't been able to sell my Genesis Projectors I decided that I would have some fun with them. As we all know, the LED's that are used are pretty shitty. I took them all apart and replaced the LED's with better quality ones. I decided to mix things up a bit by putting the red in with the blue. I doubt it goes over well with everyone but I think it looks kinda cool. Oh, and the Projectors are still for sell. With the new LED's installed and with Xenon Depot 6000k HID Bulbs.

·
m0o0o0o000?
3,036 Posts
hah... so you didnt sell em ??? man i would have taken them when you originally offered them. but i guess thats too late....

·
m0o0o0o000?
3,036 Posts
i thought it was more? for both the hid and the projectors.

·
m0o0o0o000?
3,036 Posts
its for people who already have HID's...

·
trunk monkey
1,195 Posts
well i have HID's but i have the old generation ballasts and bulbs where the wires are coming out of the bulbs. Also i have what i THINK are H1 ballasts and bulbs so if they are H3 ballasts it wouldnt matter :\

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heres a pic of the hotspot. Only this is an old pic and the hotspot is now on the passenger side as in the above pic. The reason it moved is cause when I took them apart to clean and adjust the lenses I switched the lenses to see if the "hotspot" effect was the HID or the lense. Obviously, its the lense.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the cool color tinge that you get with the projector. Its the same look as the BMW, Audi's and so on. This is "the look" that everyone wants. That dark violet color tinge as you are going down the road. What an eye catcher.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The reason I made the LED's mulitcolored is cause not everyone hooks up all the halos. I've seen some people with just the high beam halos connected so they dont have four. And then I've seen just the low beam. If you decided you just wanted high beam you would have a nice dark blue ring. If you just wanted low beam you'd have a mix of blue/red/purple. Or you can hook up all four and have a really weird effect thats sure to attract a lot of unnecessary attention.

Oh, and it is red/blue on both sides. The high-beam halos are dark blue and the low beam are blue/red/purplish. Clearly illegal, but who cares. Honestly when the headlights are turned on the drown out the halos. Now the pic of the cool violet color tinge is before I installed the new LED's. Dont let that white ring fool ya. It ain't white no more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.