Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking about all my seats, my steering wheel and shift boot. What do you guys think? Think I can do it?

This might take awhile.... but it would look so hot.

·
Master Member Modulator
205 Posts
I think it would look good, but goodness gracious thats a whole lot of needlepoint!!!

Craig

·
Registered
96 Posts
buy the honda si steering wheel...
I asked a upholstery shop to do my seats with the same thought...red stitching...but they said it will not line up at the same holes. In that case, it still looks good but you would see the stock black stitch holes if you look closely. I am thinking of a summer project, which will include honda si steering wheels, si seats, type R carpet and floor mats. It will probably costs around 1k, but I can't wait to see how it looks like.

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTS said:
doing the seats are my project in the next month or so, i alreayd have done the shiftboot, and got the si steering wheel look shot so far deff want to go ahead with the rest
I don't quite understand what you mean about the steering wheel? : confused :

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ThugRyder6 said:
buy the honda si steering wheel...
I asked a upholstery shop to do my seats with the same thought...red stitching...but they said it will not line up at the same holes. In that case, it still looks good but you would see the stock black stitch holes if you look closely. I am thinking of a summer project, which will include honda si steering wheels, si seats, type R carpet and floor mats. It will probably costs around 1k, but I can't wait to see how it looks like.
Why wouldn't they line up???

·
Because Racecar
1,467 Posts
i think he means they wouldnt line up because they would be making different holes for the red stiching, just use the same holes and you should be fine, like only pull out the black sticking a few holes before you put the red stiches in, this way you can use the same holes easily.

·
1 of 1
6,419 Posts
Pic courtesy of mugenhonda...his grandma restitched it in red thread...how nice...

As for the steering wheel your best bet is to go for the Si steering wheel. And then just this one vinly that goes over the black part of the honda logo and makes it look red like the real jdm one...search ephatch.com for it.

As for the seats...i wouldnt go with Si seats...i would rather restitch the stock ones if possible or get some red jdm recaros (blue for me to match the exterior of my car).

And i forget who posted up a diy write up on the door panels but someone bought some sparco seat material and just sewed it onto the doorpanels...didnt look to hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts

hey as you can see instead of spending the time on sewing the stock wheel i just bought the civic si steering wheel which has red stictching and looks the same as our wheel. the shiftboot i sewed myself. id recommend the si steering wheel to anyone that wants red stitchin on their steering wheel. you can kind of see the stiching on the picture i posted but i garuntee you, its there :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.