Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple questions. First off, I bought a XenonDepot kit, and it works great, but now I am getting intrested in replacing the stock reflector lamps with some projectors, but most of them I've seen reviewed on here come with the HID setup as well. Obviously since I already have the ballasts I don't need those... Since the bulbs are rebased, I'll need those but I can buy those seperatly. So I'm wondering, anyone know where I can get the projectors for HID but without the HID included?

Also, an idea.... What do you guys think of setting up a circuit to run the high beam bulb at lower amperage so that it kinda glows like on some of the Lexus' out there.... Just an idea..


Deus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
PM me, I can get you the name of a guy that can get the Hella Bi-Xenon projectors for $99 plus $25 shipping. I shopped around a LOT before I bought mine. Granted I bought a whole retrofit setup from him for my DIY, but he can sell you the bulbs and projectors seperately.
 

·
-------------------------
Joined
·
5,640 Posts
rsxatlanta said:
PM me, I can get you the name of a guy that can get the Hella Bi-Xenon projectors for $99 plus $25 shipping. I shopped around a LOT before I bought mine. Granted I bought a whole retrofit setup from him for my DIY, but he can sell you the bulbs and projectors seperately.
I don't think this guy is looking for a retrofit. Just the halo projectors without HID kit.

You can find those here on the Clubrsx store or most commonly on eBay.

The H1 bulbs don't fit though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I guess with the rebased ballasts it would be a lot of trouble anyway to find a new connector and put it on...What do you guys think of my high beam idea though????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SpeeDemoN said:
No. The Xenondepot ballast bulb connector has also been rebased with H1 connectors. You need to find something with an OEM connector. It looks like a red plug.
ballast bulb connector rebased with H1 connectors? But the H1 connector is two little prongs? Atleast thats what I connected to the relay wiring harness... *confused*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
SpeeDemoN said:
I don't think this guy is looking for a retrofit. Just the halo projectors without HID kit.

You can find those here on the Clubrsx store or most commonly on eBay.

The H1 bulbs don't fit though.
It was this line that made me think retrofit:

I am getting intrested in replacing the stock reflector lamps with some projectors
Perhaps you're correct, I've been dealing with my retrofit for a couple weeks now on and off and it's on the brain :dontknow:

Eitherway, no, the H1 rebased connectors and bulbs won't work with a projector. You'll need D2S bulbs and connectors.
 

·
-------------------------
Joined
·
5,640 Posts
rsxatlanta said:
It was this line that made me think retrofit:



Perhaps you're correct, I've been dealing with my retrofit for a couple weeks now on and off and it's on the brain :dontknow:

Eitherway, no, the H1 rebased connectors and bulbs won't work with a projector. You'll need D2S bulbs and connectors.
heheh i know, all i have been dealing with is my retrofit lately. What projectors are you using?

I'm almost done....i'm using hella ballasts, hella bi-xenon projectors, and philips 4100K bulbs.

I tested them last night and WOW....the light just keeps going and going!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, so the bulbs in the xenondepot kit are D2... as they don't have the ignitor built into them, the D1s do... that means the ballasts have to be D2 ballasts as well, but the connector, from what it looks like is a D1... I don't know how this works... But, am I able to buy a D2 connector/cable and plug it into the ballasts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,665 Posts
XD kit for your stock headlights are H1's. the projectors (like the ones u find on the clubrsx store) that you find for RSX's are H3's. retrofit real HID uses D2's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
krystar said:
XD kit for your stock headlights are H1's. the projectors (like the ones u find on the clubrsx store) that you find for RSX's are H3's. retrofit real HID uses D2's.
Right, refering to the bulb's base fitting... The connectors though are D1 connectors from the ballast to the bulb. the projectors on clubrsx are H3 style? Okay, so I could keep the ballasts and wires but just get H3 rebased D2Ss from XD... Although, are those projectors on club rsx store made for HIDs? I want to get projectors that take full advantage of HID bulbs... So, a retrofit may be in order? If so, I'll need D2 bulbs that haven't been rebased, but then there is the matter of the D2 ballasts I have that have D1 connectors, I'll need new connectors.

Deus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,665 Posts
yea i don't think the projectors are made for HID's made for halogens. ask the retrofit guys for that opinion. but yea. let's see another retrofit writeup! last one w/ the X5 retro was nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
krystar said:
yea i don't think the projectors are made for HID's made for halogens. ask the retrofit guys for that opinion. but yea. let's see another retrofit writeup! last one w/ the X5 retro was nice
So, for the retrofits, that involves taking just the projectors and integrating them into the lamps? Sounds like risky/technical work for a ameature such as myself...


Deus
 

·
-------------------------
Joined
·
5,640 Posts
Deus said:
So, for the retrofits, that involves taking just the projectors and integrating them into the lamps? Sounds like risky/technical work for a ameature such as myself...


Deus
Yes that's exactly what it involves, and gives the best results.
 

·
-------------------------
Joined
·
5,640 Posts
I would recommend going through illusionlighting. They seem to do good work, but it's pricey.

I wouldn't recommend HIDTech. They botched up my headlights pretty bad, and I'm now undoing what they did and fixing it up properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SpeeDemoN said:
I would recommend going through illusionlighting. They seem to do good work, but it's pricey.

I wouldn't recommend HIDTech. They botched up my headlights pretty bad, and I'm now undoing what they did and fixing it up properly.
They have a website? Or are they a local biz? Would it involve sending them my headlamps and getting them back retrofitted? Or what?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top