Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,I'm not sure if its only me with this problem but we will see. On my type r lip I have a bunch of paint chips from rocks hitting it since I drive my RSX a lot. I saw that they have a protective film for the bumper and hood (https://youtu.be/j111UcDvvBk) has any body installed this on their lip?

·
Officially Amused ;P
5,032 Posts
long ago when wraps 1st started coming out,
i used to see builds on well known sites like slammedenuff, & i wud see clear hood bra on their mod list & id be like wtf theres no clear bra there thinking it wud be like the oem bras, come to find out it was a wrap so finally knowing it was a protective film i be like i need me a roll lol

but yea, i was just about to post something like this up, clear wrap for protecting whatever you wanna keep from getting wrecked is a good idea.. cant even tell its there

since ima be on bags i wanna atleast protect under the lips when i air out/hard parked & my keep fenders from getting baconated or fcking up my new paint, thats why ima be using these, like how i recently bought clear film door edge guards just for protection

keep in mind tho that wrapping is a real bitch especially with clear, so if ur car is red for example youll be able to see fingerprints so at least try to practice on something to get used to doing or watch other how to- youtube vids on installation so you get the hang of it or buy a big ass roll if u fck up the 1st/2nd time

lmk how it goes for ya im planning to do the same
a DIY wud help out too :thumbsup:

·
Unpopular Opinion
458,195 Posts
Dont do it. I have my front bumper, nose of hood, and over fenders on my audi with the factory clear bra and it looks like shit. It have a dull look. It never has an OEM shine like the paint and swirl marks all over it that i cant get rid of. I'm probably going to peel it off this year, just afraid the paint under is going to look different then the rest.

·
.♥
10,295 Posts
It should still fade from sun damage, it just wouldn't have as many scratches. When you take it off, it might look different from the rest of the paint.

·
Officially Amused ;P
5,032 Posts
How's that hood bra working out for you deejay, bet it catches a lot of debris and scratches the paint underneath
well not really underneath it but under the hood lines you can see it
cause the hood bras i get are snugged against the hood unlike the cheaper brands that dont fit the hood like how an OEM bra would but there are just dust under it & hard to clean off when removing the bra

so yeahh gave up on the hood bras already & got myself a bug deflector
i think ima use that clear wrap on it to protect it from daily'ing
then take it off for shows etc..

i mean im just interested in using this protective film
to protect my parts the best i can from scrapping, denting, scratching, etc. etc.
wanna keep my shit looking good for a long time even its for keeps or resale,
dont really care if it looks off to others
its not gonna be on there forever lol & you can always take it off & wrap it again
just wouldnt wrap it fully but just partly wrapped like under my lips, my fenders etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.