Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Let's Rock
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bundy needs a good pull up / chin up bar for the house.

• no ghetto diy stuff
  • must hold 200+ lbs with ease
  • space saving is a plus
links would be appreciated. +rep for good answers

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, most sporting good stores sell those ones that you just lock into place in the frame of a door or you could go to a hardware store and buy some 1inch to 1.5 inch metal tubing and DIY

·
Professional Jackass
9,374 Posts

·
JWOWWWW
94,387 Posts
If you're getting a door one don't get those crapy ones that go in the frame. Those bars suck ass and it is because they spin so you're fighting wrist spin than actually doing a pull up. Either get something like this or you're going to have to get one with a metal stand.

http://www.amazon.com/EZ-UP-Over-Complete-Power/dp/B000TZPN2G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1198460209&sr=8-4
my friend has this one, i like it. good cuz you can go with different hand positions

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
you can go to any sporting store like sports chalet or chicks and they have them for like 15-20 dollars. I got mine a few weeks ago for 15 bucks and it's pretty simple but effective.

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
damn, I've been thinking about one of those. I thought about going to Lowes and getting 2, 2X4's that are about 7Ft tall and spiking them in the ground. Then I was going to put a metal pipe through both 2X4's at a good height so I can hang from it. And that's it. But...it's real ghetto and I haven't had a chance to get all the stuff yet.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
i had one that went in the door frame. it fell while i was doing a pullup one and i landed on my knees. luckily didnt get hurt or anything. i then tried to make it tighter and it cracked my fucking door molding in my doorway :mad:

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
^^Oh man, that's why I never got one of those. I was afraid that would happen to me. I'm just going to stick to the outside ones

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
i had one that went in the door frame. it fell while i was doing a pullup one and i landed on my knees. luckily didnt get hurt or anything. i then tried to make it tighter and it cracked my fucking door molding in my doorway :mad:
i have it in the door frame of my closet so if it breaks, no one will see :laughing: and i'll just move it lower to drill new holes

·
Beatrice W. Hill
6 Posts
Iron Gym Total Upper Bod is the best pull up bar for home .. This is ideal not only for pull-ups but for push-ups, chin-ups, crunches and much more having three grip positions like : narrow, wide and neutral ones.. In it leverages are used to hold it against the door way without any harm to doors and damages.. and installation is done in seconds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.