Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is a rookie mistake but I was seeing if any of you have done this before and what you did to resolve it? I attached a picture of what issue I have ran into. Not only did it destroy the threads, it also broke a piece off. I just wanted to see what your guys advice was before replacing the engine. If that is the worst case scenario then let it be so. If I decide to replace the engine, is it worth it to install the TSX K24 engine?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
ouch.... never broke that one.. but striped out some others and used fix-a-thread inserts. So you drill it out bigger then add the insert so it had the original size. or you can drill it out and tap it bigger and find an adapter. Sucks cause of the location it won't be easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ouch.... never broke that one.. but striped out some others and used fix-a-thread inserts. So you drill it out bigger then add the insert so it had the original size. or you can drill it out and tap it bigger and find an adapter. Sucks cause of the location it won't be easy.
From experience, has that worked and sealed it up pretty good for you? Have you had to use threadlocker on her at all? Thanks again for your advice!

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
I never use threadlocker on sensors. But for oil pressure I'd put a thread tape on it.
I've had success on other broken bolts with thread fixers yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts