Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
do you think that if a change the Pulley Kit on my base that will increase the hp and maybe gain .1 or .2 on the track :driving:

I already have a AEM SRI and magnaflow catback.

·
Registered
479 Posts
pullies aren't worth it. You're looking to add 1 - 2 hp max. I don't know about .1-.2 off your time, but I seriously doubt it. I think AEM is the ones out for the base RSX and those are the ones I'm referring to with hp. They make your engine look nicer though.

I don't know about unorthodox pullies. They're suppose to come out sometime soon and should be pretty good, but I won't get them unless I see some kind of dyno or have like 10 people actually say it's worth getting.

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you're looking to add hp or get a quicker time, I say get CAI and Revo SS. You will definitely lose at least .2

·
Royale with cheese.
487 Posts
unorthodox pulleys add a shit load of hp, search

·
Registered
479 Posts
I seen them claim about 37 hp, but that's just advertising. I haven't actually seen anyone dyno after getting them, but even if there was someone that dynoed, the results will differ from the base rsx since. Besides they're only out for the type-s for the time being.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Unorthodox is worth it. The aem ones aren't. I did the unorthodox on my accord and I think it was one of the best upgrades. In order to get any power though you have to get the set with the crank and the powersteering and alternator pulleys in order to get the power you want. If you do the Ultra SS which aren't available just yet for the base model I would project that you will get approx. 10 whp. The gains of 37 horse are accurate but they or on a 300Z which is turboed. The crank pulley on that car weighs approx. 12.3 lbs and they cut it down to only 3.5 lbs. Lightening the rotating weight yeilds 2.7 hp per lbs. SO it is possible- but you won't see those kind of gains on a RSX

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
i'm waiting for pulley's myself, if UR ever comes out with them that will be my next mod...

D

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm also waiting for UR to come out with some pullies for our car too. Not much else I could do so might as well. I'll be a guinea pig and hope the results are worth the money. Going for these and maybe some skunk2 cams if they come out too.

When I first starting modding my car, I said i/h/e and hondata were the only things I were going to do...LOL...so much for that.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
chongga02 said:
I'm also waiting for UR to come out with some pullies for our car too. Not much else I could do so might as well. I'll be a guinea pig and hope the results are worth the money. Going for these and maybe some skunk2 cams if they come out too.

When I first starting modding my car, I said i/h/e and hondata were the only things I were going to do...LOL...so much for that.
.i would also be a guinea pig for the UR pulleys...

lol i said the same thing man don't worry..and now i'm thinking about rims!

:driving: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
don't go AEM for pulleys, i heard they fucking suck.... wait for the unorthodox racing pulleys to come out... unorthodox always has good reviews...

if u spend a lil more you get alot better quality so jes wait and save tha skrill...

late,
:bow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.