Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am going to be supercharging in the near future and I was wondering.... I have an 06 Type S and I was emailed by jackson racing saying that they don't have a 9psi pulley. Okay I know thats bullshit so I am asking anyone on here if you know where you can get an 06 type S 9psi pulley for a JRSC. Can I buy the CT engineering pulleys that they offer here on CRSX? I was told to go to a 02-04 crank pulley to avoid belt slipping. But I really don't want to dick around with my crank pulley. So what I am asking is can someone direct me the the right direction and let me know if I can use the CT engineering 3.15" or the 3.3" to obtain 9psi on a JRSC kit on an 06. I mean I know they are both an M62 but does one have a 5 bolt pulley and one have a 4 bolt. My buddy who has a Cobalt SS/SC which in 2006 was the supercharged version has an Eaton M62 and had to buy a whole new snout for his supercharger to get a smaller pulley in due to the fact that the new pulley that was offered above the GM stage 3 was a 5 bolt pulley and the original was a 4 bolt. I just don't want to buy the wrong shit basically. Can anyone help me out with mix matching pulley's from JRSC kit and a CT Engineering Pulley it would just make it easier and I would rather give my money to CRSX if at all possible. They have taken very good care of me and I like the site so ya. HELP

Thanks for your info.

·
Registered
397 Posts
pulleyboys.com you need the 3" pulley. You also need the Jmercado tensioner relocation bracket to make your life easier

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
I really wish people would stop calling pulley by boost, it's hugely misleading and un-helpful.

Moss only sell the kit's with 4.0 or 3.4" pulleys (as far as I know), 3.4"

Personally, (and I know a lot on he argue the point) I think a 3" pulley on an A2 engine is asking for melted pistons, I personally will not run anything smaller than 3.3" on an A2 engine.

How much boost you get is a function of not just the pulley sizes, but the exhaust system/Map/etc. the setup I use a 3.4 will give 7-8Psi, 3.3 is around 9, 3.2 is over 10 (and hello superhigh AIT's), and I have never tried a 3" non-cooled but must be the wrong side of 12...

·
6,734 Posts
I have an A2 with 3.0". IAT's upward of 220F. Boiling. Aftercooler in place, 140F. Still hot, but manageable. Yes. I agree pulley by boost is a sign or lack of knowledge. I see just over 11.2psi at 9000RPM. Of course, I have the supporting mods in place to do that. Rising rate fuel pressure, 255lph hp fuel pump, nice open exhaust (2.35in all the way), nice big 3" CAI and enough nitrous to make you slap someone. No melted pistons for me. I got bald tires, but pistons are fine.

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
I really wish people would stop calling pulley by boost, it's hugely misleading and un-helpful.

Moss only sell the kit's with 4.0 or 3.4" pulleys (as far as I know), 3.4"

Personally, (and I know a lot on he argue the point) I think a 3" pulley on an A2 engine is asking for melted pistons, I personally will not run anything smaller than 3.3" on an A2 engine.

How much boost you get is a function of not just the pulley sizes, but the exhaust system/Map/etc. the setup I use a 3.4 will give 7-8Psi, 3.3 is around 9, 3.2 is over 10 (and hello superhigh AIT's), and I have never tried a 3" non-cooled but must be the wrong side of 12...
so you're saying that everyone running the 3.0" pulley with the A2 motor (11psi) is going to melt their motor? What if you have some sort of cooling like methanol or the aftercooler?

I have an A2 with 3.0". IAT's upward of 220F. Boiling. Aftercooler in place, 140F. Still hot, but manageable. Yes. I agree pulley by boost is a sign or lack of knowledge. I see just over 11.2psi at 9000RPM. Of course, I have the supporting mods in place to do that. Rising rate fuel pressure, 255lph hp fuel pump, nice open exhaust (2.35in all the way), nice big 3" CAI and enough nitrous to make you slap someone. No melted pistons for me. I got bald tires, but pistons are fine.
What if you have methanol and not the aftercooler...still think 11psi is going to blow the motor?

·
glory to the hypnotoad
6,295 Posts
What if you have methanol and not the aftercooler...still think 11psi is going to blow the motor?
I certainly don't, or I wouldn't be doing it. Water is a crazy combustion event cooler, and the methanol itself is twice as good at cooling as petrol.

The only way to tell is have somebody's motor fail with water/methanol when they were truly racing it in an high load over reasonable time situation. Until then, it's just educated guesses.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well, I said 3" because he said he has an 06-z1 cp, not trying to destroy him.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok well the pulley is going to be the baseline determination of a round about PSI that I will be running. I know I don;t know much about the whole supercharger thing right yet but I just want to know that you are FOR SURE that the 3" pulley is what I need for a round about PSI of about 9. Cause the chart on pulleyboys.com shows that the 3" pulley is an 11PSI pulley. Now I know that the Z1 has a different size crank pulley so the chart on pulleyboys must be for an A2. Just to let everyone know that I would like info on the Z1 not the A2. I am sure you all know that but this guy from England talking about an A2 doesn't help me Chap. But thank you too all that help me on my trek to being boosted. Oh ya do I need a 3 bar Map for 9 PSI??? And where do I get that Jmercado tensioner relocation bracket at? I hear it makes it alot easier and hopfully I don't throw as many belts as some people have.

Thanks a Bunch guys.

·
Doing my clerk thing...
1,606 Posts
Ok well the pulley is going to be the baseline determination of a round about PSI that I will be running. I know I don;t know much about the whole supercharger thing right yet but I just want to know that you are FOR SURE that the 3" pulley is what I need for a round about PSI of about 9. Cause the chart on pulleyboys.com shows that the 3" pulley is an 11PSI pulley. Now I know that the Z1 has a different size crank pulley so the chart on pulleyboys must be for an A2. Just to let everyone know that I would like info on the Z1 not the A2. I am sure you all know that but this guy from England talking about an A2 doesn't help me Chap. But thank you too all that help me on my trek to being boosted. Oh ya do I need a 3 bar Map for 9 PSI??? And where do I get that Jmercado tensioner relocation bracket at? I hear it makes it alot easier and hopfully I don't throw as many belts as some people have.

Thanks a Bunch guys.

I'm running Z1 with Z1 crank pulley and 3" blower pulley from pulleyboys, and Jose's bracket. I see 10+ psi, mostly due to restrictive exhaust. Ideally, you should be around 9psi with this setup, but there are a lot of variables in place as "the guy from England" said. See separate threads about proper exhaust setup, latest one is in "RSX-S bolt-ons basics" section by Erik.

"The guy from England" is our holy cow, listen to him. You will be allowed to speak to him later, when you get your shitload of advanced problems after installing your blower, as he put so many K20 sced engines in Lotus's as.. hm, a lot :D:D

You don't need 3bar unless you go 11psi and beyond (meaning 3" blower and A2 crank in your case, or a Lysholm twin screw). Otherwise use stock MAP sensor.

See Jmercado's thread just below, and pm him to order one.

If you throw "as many belts as some other people", that means you're such lame as they are. I shredded 3 belts before this embarrasement stopped for me personally:)

btw, all these questions have been answered in other threads on this page. Unless you're ready to contribute new ground breaking knowledge, don't start a new one, post your questions in chat thread. Otherwise do search, it's all right here in topics below.

On the other note, are you aware of how much other stuff you'll have to upgrade before going cs route (just looking at your profile)? I hope you do.

And btw welcome to sc forum, people here are really nice vs me being a drunk ass tonight :)

·
Doing my clerk thing...
1,606 Posts
What on earth is a holy cow? :rotfl:
Raz, I'm surprised :) Obviously, you've never been to India.
I visited it a while ago.

Basically, we're lucky to have quite a few holy cows on this forum. When I read their updates/threads, it's like science fiction just became real for me. I absorb...

·
Doing my clerk thing...
1,606 Posts
Thanks a bunch and happy drinking. I am in Afghanistan so none of that for me
Hope you'll get back as soon as possible, and will have a chance to go ahead with your project. :thumbsup:

·
Alky fed rat.
1,637 Posts
quote of the day.:thumbsup:

·
Doing my clerk thing...
1,606 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts