Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions for people who have the SC. For one thing, I am looking to buy the kit and the cheapest I can find it for is 2900. I heard that someone around here found it for 2200+. Also I have the hondata reflash so what happens when I buy the SC. Will it cost me less? Do I have to pay for the reflash to stock? If anyone has a cheaper place to get it then 2900 please pm me.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah, pm me too!

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Jackson just changed all of their pricing and what you see on Club RSX is going to be about as good as you can get. If someone did get it for that cheap, it is a major fluke or had a friends who can get them parts. I can say getting it for $2200 is no impossible based on their new pricing structure.

Edit: If you have the Hondata you could get the Hondata upgrade but based on the new pricing it is cheaper to just buy the race kit.

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I just found it today for 2700 on a site after much surfing. THey had the race kit for not much over 3k. So if I can get a good deal on the race kit becuase of my current flash, im deffinetly gonna go for that. Thanx for hte info.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Did you even look in the online store? We sell it for $2767 shipped, so it is not like it is that much more and you don't have to spend all day looking. You don't get a discount on the race kit because you own a Hondata reflash. The way it works is if you purchase the street kit then you can buy the race upgrade. The race upgrade costs $890 from us after you account for shipping, etc. Since the race kit runs around $3500, that means it is a hell of lot cheaper to buy that over getting the street kit and then the upgrade from Hondata.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Since Jackson works with hondata, would the hondata reflash owners get a discount on the race kit? Toda does this... So i don't see why jackson would be any diffrent.. :dontknow:

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might just go with toda kit then. Its 2300 as is, minus the hondata already flashness. That would be a heck of a lot cheaper then the SC. Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Why not wait and get the JRSC Street kit, then get the Programmable Hondata Flash Kit when it comes out for 1000? You would have spent 3700...200 more than the race, but then you get the ability to manipulate the maps and run more boost too! Of course that is if they ever release the boost upgrade kit. Think this could be a route Chris?

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I agree that is the best way and I will put together a package deal once it is released. Not sure how it will break down but I will come up the most cost effective option.

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
jdub12 said:
Why not wait and get the JRSC Street kit, then get the Programmable Hondata Flash Kit when it comes out for 1000? You would have spent 3700...200 more than the race, but then you get the ability to manipulate the maps and run more boost too! Of course that is if they ever release the boost upgrade kit. Think this could be a route Chris?
I agree with JDub. That is what I'm waiting for. Also, if you already have a flash from Hondata, I believe the programmable is only 500.00. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
K20A2 said:
Right now retail is $600 but I don't have my final price just yet but it should be right around there.
On Hondata's website it says 500.00? Is this changing or maybe I am reading it wrong? Either way I think I am in!

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh, I dunno. I am really torn by it all. N2 kit is sounding better and better. Especially cause I want this car for 5 more years. That and it looks like its going to be much cheaper.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you get the programmable ECU is it hard to tune? I know that means your going to need some dyno time....

·
Banned
26,325 Posts
I dont mean to hijack this thread at all but did you guys know that the owners of JR sold the company and they have all new owners now, i spoke to a sales rep, and their new main foucus is pushing sales, and not a lot of R&D. I asked b/c I was intrested in a JR SC for the base RSX, and they completly stopped that project. So im pretty sure im gonna sell my base and buy a Type-s. Sorry about the OT.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts