Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for HID's but i dont want to spend as much as XENONDEPOT... and on the site of mister jung, its 379US for 5000k, 6000k, 7000k, 7500k. Why are they all the same price?

·
Registered
757 Posts
im assuming its because of the bulbs he uses.... they are not name brand... however they are made at an iso 9000 and 9001 manafacturing plant so the quality should be good...

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have his kit and it truly is great....thats the thing with misterjung he lets you choose the color u want....and his customer service was great when i didnt like the color of my 6000k and i simply exchanged them for 7000k....trust me save the money and go with jung...i think xenondepot is such a rip off!!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
well, yah, xenondepot tends to be a little bit pricey, even though they have good product, but still.. i think they should lower the price to compete, otherwise, people would just choose other reliable brand of HID to save money on other mods...

because on the street, who is actually going to know you have a Philips HID or whatever, all they look is you have a HID...

am i right ? as long as the light is bright enough, good beam patter, easy installation, reliable, and noticible, then its all good !

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
what would be better for daily driving use? i want the blusish lighting......the 7000k right? cause the 7500 is TOO blue, most likely get a fix it ticket. so i am thinking abut the 7000k!

·
Registered
181 Posts
yup....and i dunno me and my friend did our installations at the same time...he had a phillips kit from xenondepot and his was a lot harder to istall with all the extra long wiring....mine was a lot easier than his

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have the 7000k rite now and i like it.....but i also loveeee 7500k.....personal preference i guess.....i was actually thinkin bout switching to 7500k but i dont like the fact that u lose a lot of light when u compare 7000k and 7500k

·
I don't know
7,730 Posts
Can anyone else that has the misterjung HID kits (specifically the 7000K kit) and has a good amount of time under there belt with them, state that the color of the lighting remains the same?

For example does the blue remain blue, and does the violet remain violet? I was reading on other forums, that they kinda start to fade, and just wanted to get some more feedback before I make my decision.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have the hella 7000k from misterjung.....they work great for me and u cant beat the price....i got mine for 340 shipped back in august from him.....no way was i going to pay 550 shipped for xenondepot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
no u see hella and phillips are different......phillips 6000k is hella 7000k....and the hella 7500k is the really really blue dat has the coating on the bulb

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
EBPdC5 said:
i have 7500k from misterjung and its pretty good
Is it really blue? Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hey guys,

I looked at a few other forums when I was interested in buying HIDs... Bimmerforums has a lot of talk about HIDs as they have been upgrading their headlights for a while now...

IF you want to buy Mr. Jungs stuff, perhaps you may be interested in reading the stuff on these forums...

If I were you, I'd stick with a reputable company that replies to all e-mails, provides you with QUALITY components, spends time addressing issues on webforums, etc... perhaps a company like Xenondepot?! Sometimes, you get what you pay-for... in the case of HID's, I'm not going to waste my money on poor quality products, poor service, etc.

Read the stuff below:
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55369&highlight =misterjung

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66679&highlight =misterjung

Go with Xenondepot and you'll be happy.

·
I don't know
7,730 Posts
Wow.. good find! Sounds like something to think about when considering sending your money in that direction..

Xenondepot sounds like the way to go.. now I am just gonna wait until the group buy starts up again.. :thumbsup:

·
Ebay Whore
1,588 Posts
I just ordered misterjungs 7500k on wed, with the 2day shipping so, hopefully i can install soon and show pics.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I was really really considering the kit, but one thing led me off of it. The fact that the kit does not have a ground wire. Compared with the Xenondepot.com kit, the hella ballast draws a lot more voltage from the factory wiring harness. This seems like a potentially dangerous hazard, because people claim that it could melt your factory wiring harness by drawing more power than it can offer.

I have contact hella Canada about this fact, and i have been given a number for the Canadian rep. I have yet to call him though.

I really think its the most reasonably priced kit out there, but at what cost? If it does melt your harness, the damages could be extremely expensive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
uhohitzmikey, what are you using to hold you bulbs in place? Are you having any ground wire problems? For example does you radio lose power with your HIDS on?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts