Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to get the S2000esque push button starter on my RSX S. I'm just curious how hard the install is. My car mechanical skills are very minimal. I managed to install a short shifter and an SRI on my own......just to give you an idea of the extent of my skills. thanks.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
u need the starter and a relay.. there are a few wires that need to be tapped.. ignition wire, constant juice, accessory wire, ground. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
is there any electrical diagram for rsx already out?

if not, how are you going to splice those wires? specially the accessory w/out test light..

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds too complicated already, you're talking to the guy who got electricuted by cutting a live wire with a metal knife

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
cant we just hook it up like the jdm one to our cars?

·
///M
5,299 Posts
omg $200 for push start ignition.. :-/ u can do the wiring urself. remember that if you decide to get that kit, you will have to relocate your moonroof or cruise control switch.. it takes up 2 spots..

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I installed mine a few weeks back and it works great. The wiring isn't all that complicated, you just have to know what you're looking at. I wrote up a thread with a pic of my install, and contained a link to the thread that I used as a basis for my own installation. Hope it helps should you decide to do it:

S2000 Push Button Install

1 - 14 of 14 Posts