Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DC5-DSM
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On average how many miles do you put on your rsx per week? the reason i ask this is because i got a new job offer thats at least a 1 1/2 hour long drive and dont feel like putting in so many miles on the RSX just to get to work, and moving over there is not possible for at least six months... should i get a bike?? what yall think??

·
AWD Insanity.
2,392 Posts
Just got a new job and the commute is a half a mile. Last job I put roughly 250-300 miles a week on my car. Now its about 25-40 miles a week. Put 17,500 miles on it in the 2 years I've owned it. Get the bike, I'd kill to have 50mpg lol

·
.♥
10,295 Posts
I guess, I think bikes are death traps, but if you're that cheap, sure. Or you can get a daily beater, or tune your ecu to more fuel economy.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
should i get a bike?? what yall think??
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=834472

But to answer your question, as a bike owner myself, get a bike. And I hate it when people say how dangerous bikes are. "Bikes are more dangerous than cars". Oh really....taking the bus is safer than driving a car. So why do people drive cars then? Because it's more convenient...that's my exact answer for having a bike. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
just dont get liter bike lol... gas mileage is like the same as my car haha

·
Curious Gooner
3,709 Posts
I drive about 56 miles a day on average including weekends.

I was at 90000 miles July 18th
and then
I was at 91000 miles August 5th

yeah bikes are like 10 grand and can easily get 50mpg
Not it he gets a 250 ninja. Those things get 60 MPG and go only for 4k brand new. He could get an older one with the new body style for less than 3k.

Even still a brand new 650 ninja is only 8k.... where are you getting 10k from?

·
Curious Gooner
3,709 Posts
I bet its 1000cc bike for the price range of $10k.... also 1000cc bikes don't tend to get 50mpg. They average in the 40's :/

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
I never got why people would ever get a job that required an hour and a half commute time... even if that was round trip.

45 min one direction gets me to a town that is almost 50 miles away from me...

I understand that in California 45 min could ultimately be like 10 miles though LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts